𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. hotel room

𝒓𝒚𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘

ROAD TRIPS HAVEN'T always been my most favorite getaways

ROAD TRIPS HAVEN'T always been my most favorite getaways. Mostly due to Evelin always screaming in her carseat, the roads being too bumpy to sleep, or the trip being too long overall.

But, this road-trip with Louis so far has been calming. I could actually take a small nap if I wanted to, even though it still wouldn't be the most enjoyable. We were only 30 minutes into the drive, however. And I couldn't grade his road-tripping skills just yet.

Personally, I've never stayed at Big Bear. I've definitely heard of it from Daniel or my grandparents who stay there almost every year for their anniversary. From the photography I've seen, I could already tell it has alluring scenery and sometimes during the winter, snow. It's not much of course, but it's just enough for my liking since I've never seen snow before in my 17 years of living.

The past road-trips I've been on have been with my family and we don't go too far from home really. Just 1 hour south to Laguna Beach, or long 7 hours north to Lake Tahoe. We used to take a small vacation every year until Evie turned 2, since she became a little too much to handle and a car filled with 7 people was overwhelming.

It just being the two of us, Louis and I, felt out of place but it's something I could get used to. I don't have to scurry around trying to get comfortable or worry about how loud my phone's volume is. I can just sit there and talk to him about the most random things for the rest of the drive without thinking too much of it.

The last few days haven't been interesting in the slightest. All I've done is attend school, do homework, and just watch Netflix mostly. Other than Daniel, Ivy, Mariah, and I going dress-shopping for the upcoming Frosted Formal. It felt blissful to get out and spend time with my idiotic best-friends.

"Are you cold?" Louis questioned, turning his glance over towards me. His fingers hovered over the turning nobs as he waited for my response.