Chapter 7

Month 8

Harrys POV

 I walk into the nurses station on the midwife floor for the final time before I go on paternity leave. I switch on the lights having the once dark room brighten a bunch of my co-workers popped out from the dark. "SURPRISE" they yell catching me completely by shock. I look around the room to see snacks and goodies littered over the tables as a banner hung above saying congratulations its a baby as baby decorations were spread around the room. I stand in the doorway completely shocked as I cover my mouth and try not to burst into tears. Sam runs over to me and squeezes the life out of me as she hugs me. "You didn't think we would let you leave without throwing you a baby shower did you?" Sam questions with a smirk on her face while I just stand there speechless. 'you... you guys really didn't have to do this.' I say as Sam leads me into the room while the tears I so desperately tried to gain control over fall down my face. Getting coo'd by the staff at my reaction they each told me how happy they were to throw this for me. "Now that your here Hazza, let the games begin!" Sam announced as she plopped me into a seat.

  The games were hilarious and fun from the diaper game to the everyone decorating a onesie for him/her. "Okay Haz before we dive into the cake, we know you don't know the babies gender but we were thinking we could try some old wives tales to find out." Sam says as Nicki a nurse from the NICU pulls out a board written on it the ten tales they found and Sara a fellow midwife pulls out a board with everyone written their predictions of the baby on it. With the girl side receiving fifteen votes and the boys receiving fourteen we put the predictions to the test.

 With the girl side receiving fifteen votes and the boys receiving fourteen we put the predictions to the test

Morning Sickness: none, Boy

Heartburn: yes, Girl

Headaches: yes, Boy

Sleeps on: left side, Boy

Baby's Heart rate: >140, Girl

Craving: sweet, Girl

Emotions: happy, Boy

Other Daddies weight: increased, Girl

Mayan Calendar: Girl

Chinese Calendar: Boy

  Getting a 50-50 split didn't help either side win the argument of what I'm having. "Well... guess we're just gonna have to wait and find out when the munchkin arrives! I say we dig into that amazing looking cake and then give Harry his presents." Sam states getting nods form the rest of the staff as they make there way over towards the cake. 'Presents? Sam none of you guys had to get me anything.' I tell her completely unaware that they went out and bought presents for my baby, finally catching a glance at the large table overflowing with gifts. "Nonsense! Of course we got you something Harry we love you and the little one, so don't you even try to not except any of these gifts that's just rude." Sam tells me as she swats her hand playfully in the air.

  The cake was absolutely delicious! I'm gonna need to ask Sam the name of the bakery because something tells me I might get a craving to eat more sweets. Receiving a plethora of gender neutral onesies, shoes, diapers, binkies, burp cloths, bibs, bottles, blankies, stuffed animals, and more I make sure t give everyone a hug as I make my way through the mountain of gifts, truly thankful for each person the bought something for my little munchkin. By the end of the surprise baby shower I was ready to go home and take a nap. Sam helped me load everything into my car, I give her one last hug goodbye before I make m way home.

  'I'm home!' I yell into the house immediately getting my four fiancés to pop out from different rooms to greet me. Niall was first as he came from the kitchen giving both me and my tummy a kiss hello followed by Liam who came out from their at home office as he does the same as Niall giving both me and my tummy kisses. Zayn and Louis came down from upstairs both having worried looks on their faces as if they've done something stupid. "Hello Babies!" Louis greets first and before he can even lean into give me a kiss I ask the four simple little words 'What did you do?' both of their faces pale at the question. Becoming more nervous as they were caught Zayn tried to fumble around the subject as Louis pretended that I hadn't said anything. Getting annoyed with the nervousness I try to push past the two and make my way upstairs as I now thats where the mess is. I push past them only for them to see I was heading towards the stairs, they jump in front of me and block my way again. "What are you doing babe?" Zayn asked as anxiety swam in their beautiful eyes 'Just going up to take a nap.' I lie and try to push past their wall. "I think the couch would be more comfortable for you, don't you agree Doctor Zaynie?" "Indeed Doctor Tommo." they say to each other before Zayn picks me up and places me gently on the couch. I was about to make a fuss when I saw Liam from the corner of my eye put a finger up to his lips and quietly made his way up the stairs with Niall in toe. I get the message and easily keep these two distracted... 

   Well that is until we hear a "WHAT THE FUCK!" come from the two upstairs. Louis and Zayn look at each other quickly before running up the stairs, with a bit of trouble I'm up on my feet and heading up the stairs. I hear the four of them in the nursery, scared to see whats behind the closed door I open it only to be met with one of the funniest sites. The nursery was covered in baby powder as two baby dolls laid on the changing table, diapers and wipes tossed around the room some even covered in what looks like... chocolate? Taking in the frantic scene I couldn't help but laugh at the horrible attempts Zayn and Louis were for changing a diaper. The four look at me waiting for an explosion which never comes 'Good try boys but I think you need some more practice. Just make sure to clean up your mess when your done.' I tell them with a smile before making my way out of the nursery and into our room. Removing my scrubs and cuddling into my pj I snuggle myself into a peaceful sleep.

Hello World,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you like this story you should check out my other Zianourry stories.

Link: 

Wives Tales: https://www.etsy.com/listing/452853968/gender-reveal-chalkboardold-wives-tale