Chapter 5

Midnight...

Deepika was sleeping when Ranveer entered her room. He couldn't sleep. He knelt down beside her bed and kissed her forehead. "I miss you meri naan," he said. "I missed you so much. You have no idea how much I wanted to barge in your house and take you with me but didn't. And now, I meet you. But I can't even touch you or hold you. The least I can do is hold your hand. But trust me, that's enough," he said.

He wanted to go on her bed and cuddle with her to sleep but sustained. She never even said she still love him. He didn't even know whether she had someone else in her life. So he just left the room and tried to call asleep.

A few hours later...

Deepika had woken up and gone to work. Ranveer was feeding Jaz. He used his mother's method, the choo choo train method. Jaz happily ate her food. Deepika came back after a while and went to her room to take a shower.

Ranveer entered her room to see her only in her towel. He gulped. "Hey, I was thinking of going to the lawyer's office in the evening. Wanna watch a movie?" She asked. He nodded while checking her out. He exited her room and mentally slapped himself. "She doesn't love you!" He said.

He saw Jaz on the couch, playing with the remote. He tried teaching her how to hold it but failed. Duh, how would a baby even have the energy to hold a remote. Deepika came out and sat beside them. They started watching a movie...

A while later...

Ranveer felt Deepika's head getting comfortable on his shoulder. He looked at her and saw her head on his shoulder while watching the movie. He slowly leaned his head on hers. This was nice. He liked it.

She got up a while later and took out all the need full things to go to the office. She left her stuff on the table and went to the toilet. "Bye," she bid him goodbye. He did the same. She shut the door behind her.

Ranveer noticed a piece of paper on the table. It was Jaz's birth certificate. He held it. He held it and read it. It said, name Jaz. Mother, Deepika Padukone and when he read father, his hearts stopped.

Father, Ranveer Singh