Chapter 8

A week later...

Today was the court reading. Deepika woke up early this morning. She left Ranveer behind her. They had bought a baby bed for Jaz. Ranveer nuzzled his face in her neck. "Five your minutes," as he draped his leg on hers. "Today is the court reading baby," she said. Then be woke up.

They were both brushing together in the bathroom. They finished brushing and Ranveer pulled Deepika to him. "In how long do we have to reach to the court?" He asked. "In about....no..., Baby no. I am not allowing you to shower with me. Now go," she said and pushed him out. He whined like a baby and waited.

He shower at the other bathroom and they soon went to the court. It was a small court room and the judge started the reading.

"Mr Vijay Devgan, you have made a request to not have the divorce. May I have a reason for that?" The judge said go which Deepika was shocked. She looked at Ranveer who was sitting behind her. He massaged her shoulders and said, "listen."

"Your honour, I have finally realised how much I love my wife. I don't want her to leave me. And I also want my baby with me," Vijay said. "Objection me lord. This is irrelevant. He isn't even the rightful father!" Deepika's lawyer interjected.

"What!?" Vijay shouted. "Me lord, here is the birth certificate of the child. It is clearly stated here that Mr Ranveer Singh is the father of the child," the lawyer said. Vijay looked at Deepika with a death stare.

"May I say something your honour?" Deepika asked. The judge accepted. "Me lord, Vijay is only saying he wants to drop the divorce is because the lady he found has dumped him and now he wants me back. I will make no such decision. So why not you just end this case and make us a divorced couple," she said.

The judge looked down at his paper and wrote some things down. "The decision for this case that I have made is..... Ms Deepika will be the rightful mother of the child and will also be getting a divorce. This is final. Sign the paper right here and you may take your leave," Deepika sighed and leaned back on Ranveer. He softly kissed her cheek.

The court was dismissed. "How dare you have a baby with someone else!?" Vijay shouted at Deepika. He slapped her. Ranveer's blood boiled. Ranveer pounced on Vijay and punched his face like shit. Blood oozed out from Vijays face. Deepika pulled Ranveer off him. "Are you ok?" He asked her while caressing her cheek . She nodded.

They went back home. Ranveer dropped on bed. After a while, he felt Deepika climb on him. "How did I get so lucky to have you back?" He asked. "I should be asking you that question," she said and kissed him...