•9 oh my god, no

you were waddling by daichi's side while you talked nonsense to him as he agreed. he literally had no idea what you were talking about. birds? cows? some people you met? cheese? cake? he had no idea. you were making no sense but you were happy to be talking to him.

     "hey, _____, how about going to play outside while the guys are there too? who's out there right now? inarizaki? yeah i think. we're after them anyways for the outside courts." daichi suggested. you shot your head basically straight up to look at daichi with excitement.

"can i play with them?" you asked excitedly. daichi thought for a moment and looked to asahi.

"can she play with inarizaki' steam or do you want her to stay with us until we go?" daichi
asked your brother.

asahi looked out the window where the inarizaki team was playing some 5v5 practice games. he looked back to you, who had stars in her eyes, looked back to the team outside and then nodded, "sure, as long as the guys are okay with that and we have some way to contact them or vice versa."

"YAYY!" you exclaimed. you were overwhelmed with joy to go play with your new friends. little did you know they'd also be excited.

"alright, that's fine with us, did you want my number just in case?" kita talked as you held is much bigger hand in your much smaller one. your brother nodded and held out his phone. kita took it with his free hand and entered his number. "just text me if you need anything or have any concerns."

asahi nodded and the karasuno team walked back inside. you waved at them and some waved back. you looked up to kita with more stars in your eyes then the night sky. he knew you were excited just by the look.

the twins soon took notice of kita's disappearance and looked around until their eyes landed on you and their captain. they looked at each other in question but made their way over. atsumu made it over faster then his twin but it really wasn't a race.

      "hey, cap' what's the bug doin' 'er?" astumu called you bug. what?! bug. alright whatever works i guess...

      kita looked down to you and then back to astumu and his brother, who was now standing adjacent to you. "she wanted to play with us, she saw us out here and asked if she could come out." you nodded along with kita's statement and added, "it was boring inside, i wanted to see new guys play."

      the twins looked shocked at how well you could form sentences at quite a young age. let's go back to your first word...

•••

     "we'll be back in about two weeks, okay?" your mother and father were leaving on a short business trip to the united states. your house was bilingual. japanese and english. (and others if you want.) your brother nodded and picked you up from off the ground so you could say goodbye. he moved your hand so it looked like you waved your little stubby arm and them. your mother gave a quick kiss to your forehead and left for the car.

     asahi shuffled back into the house and said. "it's just you and me, kid, whaddya want to do?" he acted like you could talk back to him. until you did.

     you began babbling many different letters, like b's and o's. asahi knew what this meant. words. he wasn't ready for you to say words yet. it would make him feel old. well, older than he already is. since being 8 months, (i began speaking at like 3 months so...) you were bound to talk soon enough. you babbled some more syllables until you finally spat out a word.

      "(word)." (idk just pick a word.) asahi was shocked that that was the word you picked to be your first. he was completely frozen in his spot until he realized something. your parents missed your first word.

     he began to panic but soon realized that you looked tense yourself. when asahi calmed down you did too. at that moment he knew that you two would be close. you could feel when he got scared and you would get tense or scared too. he just knew that it was an instinct in your frail, not even a year old, body.

•••

    "well let's go then, the others are waiting for us so we can continue." osamu spoke up. kita nodded and lead the way back to the court. once you four made it over kita sat you down beside the water bottles and fresh towels.

      "can i play?" you asked.

     "bug, you'll get hurt if you play with the big boys." atsumu warned. again with calling you bug? i guess it's sticking.

      "he's right, kid, you might get hurt and we don't want that now do we?" osamu added while squatting down to pinch your tiny cheek. you giggled and nodded as a way to show you understood. osamu stood back up and walked back to the court.

      you've now watched probably 3 mini matches and you're getting kind of bored from not being able to play. since the games were only to 10 points, they were shorter than normal so technically you've only sat through one full game. but your attention span was getting shorter by the minute.

      you stood up, only to have lost feeling in your legs from sitting for too long. you began to wobble around trying to feel around the ground for your feet but they completely gave out on you, as you went to start waking it felt as if your feet were glued to the ground and you fell. face first. onto the rubber- plastic feeling ground. like i said, face first. ouch. kita instantly noticed you falling but before he made it to you, you had fallen already. when the ground made impact with your face everyone stopped. even you.

     you took a breath. kita held his breath waiting for the sound of crying but it never came? you took another breath with your face still on the ground. kita exhaled along with the others and made his way, slowly to you. we squatted down so he was right beside you and put his face close to the ground. he sat there for like five seconds before osamu came over a mirrored his actions of the opposite side of your face. bad idea. bad idea. bad idea.

      you shot your arms straight out beside you and to your unknowingly luck, you snakes osamu and kita square on their noses. since their faces were that close to you, it was a clean shot. and remember when you hit semisemi on the head? you also used that much force when you snakes the guys on the face. so it stung for a second or two but not enough to make their noses bleed. thankfully. the boys shot back, stunned at your little stunt. you picked up your head off the ground only to see all of inarizaki looking at you. to your unknown your cheek had a scrape on it and it was bleeding.

      you put a hand to your cheek where the small pain was and pulled back your hand to feel the substance on your fingers. your eyes widened and you looked around for kita, the one whom you trusted the most at the moment. he saw you running towards him with a panicked look and picked you up when you were an arms length away.

      "oh my god, no. i promised this wouldn't happen. and it did." kita sighed. he didn't really mean to say 'failed as a mother.' but he did. before you knew what was happening you were being brought inside by the inarizaki team, down to the infirmary. they just needed a bandaid. not the whole box for the team, so why did they all follow? no one knows.

      after kita cleaned the small scrape on your face he placed the bandaid on it. he picked you back up and help you in his arms. "you feeling better?" he asked.

      "yes! thank you!" you exclaimed. you did what you did best and placed a small ass child sized kiss to his cheek as a thank you, like you did to a lot of people you trusted. kita heart basically did a backflip as you had now melted the hearts of inarizaki. goal: achieved.