•11 go away lady.

"wait what did kageyama want?- check the chat." yamaguchi couldn't remember what kageyama wanted and didn't feel like checking his own phone. tsukishima looked at him in disbelief. how can he forget?

his hands are full.

all because of snacks...

and you... he was still holding you because he didn't want you falling off his shoulders while asleep. he was getting weird looks from some people in the small store but he ignored them. until...

     "he looks to young to have a child. it's disgusting how they do that so young." some random lady was being bitchy because tsukishima had a child in his arms. hell, they didn't even know who he was or what he had with the child but all that lady knew was tsukishima + child = not appropriate ???

     he snapped his head around to stare directly at the woman. her dark green eyes locked with his honey brown ones. he turned his body after that to follow through with his head. before he could take any steps towards the woman yamaguchi grabbed him by the arm and shook his head recklessly. yams didn't need any of this nor did tsukishima.

     "ignore her. let's go pay." yamaguchi started to make his way to the register when he realized that tsukishima wasn't beside him.

     also, throughout this whole thing, you've been asleep.

     tsukishima stood his ground while him and the woman basically had a staring contest. this woman wasn't stepping down while tsukishima stood his ground. by now, everyone, being that about 6 people including tsukishima, yamaguchi and the woman, were now all silent. you could feel the tension, you could cut it with a knife.

since yamaguchi had finished paying, he was standing beside you. not looking at you. go time.

you slowly walked backwards so you were out of yamaguchi's sight. you found a pepperoni stick. perfect. you were quite amused on how no one had seen you yet. they were focused on tsukishima and the lady. you took the pepperoni stick and slowly walked into the isle beside the lady. you moved to the end so she still couldn't see you and slowly opened the packaged pepperoni stick.

the smell of dried meat wafted into your nose. absolutely perfect. you peaked your small head around the side of the isle, tsukishima still staring dead into the ladies face, and pinpointed your eyes on the ladies nose. no one had still seen you. you lifted your arm, took aim, brought your arm back and...

SMACK!

you hit the random lady. on. the. nose. with a pepperoni stick.

what
the
fuck
???

     tsukishima saw your snickering figure beside the isle, picked you up quickly and ran out of the store, yamaguchi following quick behind.

     "WHAT- WAS- THAT?!" yamaguchi started laughing so hard he couldn't breath even more since him and tsukishima just ran like two blocks away.

     even tsukishima was laughing once he realized what you did. damn this is going to be an interesting story to tell. yamaguchi dug through his pocket for a second and pulled out his phone.

     "the chat... is... HOLY SHI-" he stopped himself before swearing infront of you. the group chat had erupted with messages from a concerned asahi, suga & ennoshita. "we need to get back asap."

tsukishima turned to walk back to shiritorizawa. yamaguchi followed hot on his tail.

•••

"THERE THEY ARE!" nishinoya yelled out to the team when he saw you, tsukishima and yamaguchi rounding the school's entrance. asahi wasn't the most pleased but he was happy that you three were back safe and unharmed. he started to think someone was hurt or something. yeahhh... we won't tell him about the pepperoni stick.

•••

ahh, dinner time. everyone's favourite time of day. training wasn't too bad today but it was a lot. the boys were all tired and groggy from wanting to eat then sleep for the next 17 hours. (same 😸) dinner was prepared and served by the one and only kiyoko. as tanaka and nishinoya would have said it. there were the other managers too. props to them.

the boys thanked the mangers and began to eat. since you had a smaller portion than anyone else you finished quite quickly. you peered around to see anyone else finished too but to your dismay, no one was. until you saw him...

you looked over to your brother, who was happily talking with kinoshita and sugawara, and tugged on his sleeve to get his attention. it worked.

"what's up?" he asked. you pointed to the one who you wished to visit. asahi looked over and then back to you. he nodded. "don't bother them too much. i don't need another- you know." you giggled at his statement and nodded while hopping off the cafeteria seat.

you made your way over to the top libero in the country. the caramel haired boy whom you adored already only after one encounter. moyota komori. you walked up behind him, being as light on your feet as possible and poked his back.

he made a girly shriek and whipped his head around to be met with your face turning red due to trying not to laugh. even sakusa was laughing a bit.

"oh hey, _____! how are you?" komori calmed down once he realized who poked him. he was ready to throw some handz (with a z because he was mad 😤)

"i'm good!" you replied, giddily. he picked you up and set you down beside him on the cafeteria table seat. you waved to the un-masked man on the opposite side of the table and he waved back. not a big wave but it was there and you were content. even though you were five, you understood his aura around people and figured you'd respect it. (mad respect for the reader here ✊🏻)

you and komori talked for a bit, with sakusa- on the odd time- adding a few words here and there. by now, most of the cafeteria had been emptied and people were going back to their rooms or back to the gyms for extra practice.

"should we go back to the room or do you want to get some extra practice?" komori asked his now masked cousin.

"doesn't matter but i'd kinda like to go back, i think i snapped my wrist weirdly today it's kind of sore."

"i see, i see. well, _____ should we take you back now?"

you shook your head. you didn't want to go back. you liked talking with them.

"well, _____, it," sakusa checked his phone, "almost 8. i think you should go to sleep soon. y'know. being five and all."

you sighed and agreed. you were usually in bed for about this time at home so you figured asahi would like you back.

komori picked you up again and began the short walk to the team rooms. he arrived at the itachiyama room before so sakusa could go be sakusa. he was babbling something about needing a shower or whatever.

komori knocked on the door to karasuno's room and nishinoya opened it. "OH! ITS BOLTY!" komori tilted his head on confusion. "oh sorry, thanks komori! i'll take her, hope she wasn't a bother!"

komori laughed and closed the door and made his way back down the hall.
———————————————————

i'm literally so sorry this took a while to get done, the last day of school was shit and christmas shopping kicked my ass. & i'm sorry this chapter's shitttttt 🙄✋🏻 i just needed to get something out to my (clearly) sakusa adoring fans 😹

n e wayz...

stream knee socks by arctic monkeys. 🤲🤲