24

~ Jake ~

"I hate these fucking events. We got nothing to do there. Why are we going?" Cameron groaned from the other room. I stood in front of my mirror, adjusting my bow tie. I rolled my eyes, "We go every year and every year you say the same thing. Can you shut up already." He came in, glaring at me as he slumped on my bed like a grumpy child. I smiled, walking over and placing a kiss on his lips. "Do you remember who's going to be there?" "Stephanie Valdizan, the girl we tag teamed last year? Why would I care?" "No you dumbass, Sophia. Sophia's gonna be there." I swear his eyes almost fell out of his head. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Cameron shot up, practically flying out the door. I laughed at his childishness as I followed.

"Hold on, I'm driving." I can't wait to see her.

~

The boys arrived at the function, stepping out and tossing the keys towards the valet. Ascending the stairs, they walk into the beautifully decorated building. The party was already in full swing, the building wall to wall with people. "Suppose we should greet people." Cam nudged Jake, leading the way to the left. Putting on their most charming smiles, they went around saying hi to everyone. Women stared as they walked past, eyeing them from head to toe. Even a couple older, married women stared. They didn't flinch, it happened all the time. Not that they think they're gods or anything but what were Cameron and Jake gonna do?

Almost an hour had gone by. Where was Sophia?

"Okay, it's been long enough. I'm bored and I just wanna leave. Sophia isn't even here. Let's just-" Cameron stopped in his tracks. From his peripheral he caught a glimpse of the beauty he's spent the whole night looking for. But what he saw made his blood boil. He watched as she was practically dragged upstairs by the arm. The man was being way to rough with her for his liking. Or at all, he didn't like watching another man touch her. He tapped Jake on the shoulder. Jake looked over at him to see the tension in his shoulders. He stalked towards the stairs, muttering to his friend as he went.

"Found her."

He followed him, confused. "What happened?" "Some asshole is dragging her upstairs." That's all it took for Jake to get on his same wavelength, dropping the glass he was holding on a nearby table, they both bolted up stairs.

We reached the top of the stairs when we heard Sophia say, "Santiago please, you're hurting me." "Soph, please. Just let-" Rounding the corner, we stopped when we witnessed this douchebag manhandling our woman. "Get away from her." I almost growled, an almost animalistic feeling surging through me. I felt my face getting hotter by the second. The guy, Santiago I heard, looked at me, shocked. He still has a hold of Sophia, which only pissed me off more. Jake stepped forward. "Didn't you hear him? Let. Her. Go." The guy's eyes widened, he flinched a little, but maintained his grip on her still. I smirked a little, I loved knowing that piece of shit was scared.

Sophia looked at us, surprised and relieved to see we were there. Cameron walked up, approaching Santiago. The man backed up, pulling my baby with him. I just wanted to rip her away and yank her straight into my arms. "Who are you?" "Let her go. I won't tell you again." I ignored his question. "Cameron please, don't get into a problem over me." She was quick to say, not knowing that I would give anything just to put a smile on her face. "No, she's my girlfriend, she's staying with me. And we were in the middle of a conversation so if you don't mind, leave us alone." I don't like your attitude. My fists clenched, nails digging into my palms. I'm about to make this fucker swallow his teeth.

~ Jake ~

"She's not your girlfriend," I laughed. I couldn't help it. "Get your hands off of her, don't make us tell you a third time." Sophia looked between us, anxious to escape his arms. "Santiago, we can talk, like adults, there's no need to turn this into a bigger situation. I agree to talk to you, just let me go." He looked at her, unsure if he should trust it. "Can you both leave us alone? This a conversation we need to have in private, as a couple." "Alright, I've heard enough." Cameron stalked up to them, ripping Santiago away from our Sophia and pinning him against the wall by his neck. I grabbed Sophia, pulling her into me and checking her for any injuries."I'm okay, I'm okay." She assured me, turning to Cameron, "We're not done yet Sophia. Get back here." Santiago went to grab her, his anger coming out now. I guess at this point Cameron couldn't resist anymore. Without missing a beat, he cocked back and swung, his fist making a lovely sound against the poor guy's nose. Even I flinched a little. Damn, I know that hurts like a bitch.

We watched his body drop to the ground, his whimpers being the only sound. Cam looked back at us and nodded his head, signaling for us to walk away. I pulled Soph along, leading her into one of the rooms. As I closed the door I heard Cameron say, "This better be the last time you ever even breathe in her direction. She obviously doesn't want to talk to you, so don't harass her. Understand? She has someone to defend her, we won't leave any room for assholes like you to disrupt her peace."

Sophia heard it too, she looked at me, "You guys didn't need to do this."

"Yes we did. We weren't gonna let him, or anyone, lay a harmful hand on you. You're ours to protect."