19. Past

Author's POV

Past....

"Mumma, I'm hungry" Ten years old Aliz whines disturbing her mother from time to time.

"Princess just now you told me that you ain't hungry" Aliz's mother gasps after listening to her daughters words. A few minutes earlier when her Mother asked her, Aliz declined saying, she'll eat with her daddy.

"But.... you reminded me!" Aliz exclaimed happily and hugged her mumma from backside. The mother daughter duo were busy in preparing dishes as it was time for dinner. Riaz Hashim was in office, Saad was gone for another night out and Zara was with her Aunt, leaving Aliz and mumma alone in the home.

Ring....Ring...

"Assalmualikum Riaz" Aliz mother sighed after getting a phone call from her husband. Because these days there was burglary going on in nearby houses which made a toll on Aliz's mother. Being alone in the house was not a good idea as there was this rumor that the burglar was very dangerous and criminal minded.

"Sweetheart.... I think, I need to stay back to complete my presentation over dinner" Riaz told doubtfully knowing very well how his wife will react.

"And you think saying this, will suffice your punishment.... I told you Riaz, I'm having a bad feeling about today's night...but still you choose to stay at office" Aliz's mother exclaimed getting anxious, her breathing got heavy and she was on the verge of panic attack.

"Sweetheart relax..... I'm on my way. Actually was in dinner party arranged by my colleague.... still I took and early leave from there as well" Riaz laughed out loud trying to ease his wife's tension.

"When will you be here.... Aliz is again showing her tantrums.... you know how much naughty she becomes when she doesn't see you" Aliz's mother rants and Riaz smiles knowing how her much Aliz loves to show tantrums to her mother.

"Don't worry only few more minutes.... take care and now let me drive" Riaz sighed and cheerfully told to Aliz's mother. After disconnecting Riaz's call she turned around and with in a blink of moment the whole house was consumed with darkness making it difficult for Aliz's mother to look around.

"Mummaaaa...." Aliz shouted from upstairs when she came face to face with the dark pitch memory...which was relishing in her mind. Aliz screamed on the top.... her eyes spilling hot tears and hiccups coming out from the muffled mouth. Aliz tightly closed her eyes not wanting to again remember that night which she lived two years ago....and with in few seconds Aliz fainted.

On the other hand Aliz's mother got aware of Aliz's panic attack, she tried to run towards the direction of upstairs, but got halted when she saw a black shadow with white skeleton coming towards her. She was confused firstly when she saw but realization hit her fast enough to through nearby object on that shadow but to vain as that shadow ducked and got escape with that hit.

He came closer towards Aliz's mother and hit her hard with the iron rod which was in his hand. He threw that rod beside her and kicking her aside, he turned on his torch and entered her bedroom to do his job .....