three

Three weeks went by before I saw Smiley again. It was odd, he almost always came everyday.

In those three weeks, my sister finally came to the library. She had so much fun, laughing and jumping around, reading the books, playing on the open computers, anything, and everything there was to do at this library, she did it.

It was nice seeing her so happy, usually she wasn't this happy. It made me smile. Not many things can make me smile anymore. It's almost odd when I smile.

It was sad when she had to leave. She new she wouldn't be back for a while, with everything that is going on in her life. She didn't want to go.

We talked for hours when she was here, we talked about the little random things, and of course the big things.

She truly was the best thing in my life. I never want to loose her, but you have to enjoy the best things in your life because you only get to enjoy them once.

"Hey, um I was wondering when you got off work?" A voice broke my thoughts, I quickly look up startled and see the tall brown guy, but this time his hair was blonde again.

"You dyed your hair again?" I ask ignoring his question.

"Yeah, I kinda like the blonde." he says before leaving against the counter getting closer to my face since I was leaning on it to. I slowly pull back not wanting to get to close. "Do you like the blonde?"

"What?"

"Do you like the blonde?" He repeats.

"No I heard you the first time, yeah it's fine." I answer before turning around to grab the rack that was behind me.

I walk out from behind the counter towards the place where the few books I had on the rack needed to be put back. I heard rushed footsteps from behind me before the rack was pushed out of my hands.

"I'll push it." he smiles.

"It've got it." I say putting my hand back on the rack.

"No, really I have it."

"No, you don't because you don't work here, I do. Now let me push the dam- dang cart." I say quickly stopping the swear word that almost rolled of my tongue from habit of always saying them. I really didn't want to loose my job today.

"Whoa. Okay then, can I at least know your name?" He asks still smiling. Dämn that smile never leaves his face. I start walking again before answering.

"No."

"And why not?" He asks.

"I don't tell weird strangers who like Clifford The Big Red Dog my name." I answer, finally getting to the self. I start putting the books in there spots before he speaks up again. I honestly thought he left.

"Well what if I told you I'm more of a Curious George fan?" He asks truing to look serious, but I could see he was trying to hold back his laughs.

"Didn't change my answer. Sorry." I say smiling sarcastically, that is the only time I smile anymore, and it's honestly not smiling.

"Skyler!" We both her someone shout. I obviously knew who it was, but just kept doing my thing pretending that wasn't my name.

In case you were wondering it was non other than my step sister, Ally. I could tell her voice anywhere, whiny, high pitched, child like, you get the point.

"Skyler! I know you here I will search this whole dämn library! I bet if I keep yelling you'll even loose your job, you know, the one you love so much." She shouted her voice coming closer.