A Visit from My Dad

As we came back to the camp, I only smiled when the other camper congratulate Clarisse for her big succeed on her first quest and judging by the fact that Ares didn't kill me, I did a good job to ensure that Clarisse will succeed. Some of the camper notice me and also congratulate me, and some of them even started to talk with Tyson a little. They are still uncomfortable with Tyson appearance, but they willing to look pass by that and started to befriend Tyson.

So with Chiron back, Mr. D looked a bit happier because at least he's free from Tantalus boring talk about his problem. So, yeah they continued the chariot race and Annabeth finally form a team with Percy, and finally I can have a breather. I quietly moved away from the crowd and walked into the woods by myself. I stopped when I arrived at the clearing where I fight with Luke when he defected to Kronos side.

"Reiner, my son"

I jumped straight into the river and whipped around, only to find Apollo stood there with innocent grin on his face. I grumbled as I massaged my chest, as an attempt to calm my furious heartbeat.

"Dad" I said shortly before walked into a dry ground again "Thank you for scaring me" I added sarcastically.

"Still sarcastic as ever I see" Apollo said while rubbed the back of his neck.

"Do you need something from me?" I asked while looked at his sky blue eyes.

"Ah, I just want to have a little talk with you" Apollo said and snapped his finger.

Two chair and a small table appeared near him and I only blinked at it. Like, seriously, where the god keep those thing?! In the empty air?! How could they created stuff just by snapping like that?! Heck, I want that kind of power too!

The two of us sat down on the table and Apollo expression began to change into serious one.

"Last night, The Fates decided to visit me" he began to spoke "They warned me about your future son"

I gulped "And?"

Apollo ran his hand through his blonde hair "Your future is uncertain, you are not bound by the prophecies. Basically, you can do whatever you want. But..."

"Consequences" I finished "There will be consequences"

Apollo gave me sympathetic looks "Your fate is bigger than I've ever seen, it can decided the fate of the world itself. With your knowledge and power, you can basically made us into our knee" then he paused for a moment "Some of the gods wanted to kill you, but some of them wanted to watch you grow. What kind of hero would you be? Will you choose their side, the other side, or the worse, both you destroy of the side"

I only stared at his blue eyes, didn't say a word, just listening.

"Luckily, the gods decided not to kill you, yet" Apollo finished "You are dangerous, but you also an asset for us for the future battle. As Athena said, you are like a double edge sword, a danger for us but also a danger towards the enemy"

"I see" I said and looked at my hands "Is that all?"

"The thing that happened when you fought with Luke" Apollo said in sad tone "I didn't what to say about that. You do seemed look like Hades when Zeus pissed him off, but I sensed something older and crueler inside of you. I never seen such malice in one person" Apollo then closed his eyes "Zeus want to incarnate you at the spot, but Poseidon managed to hold him back, saying that you are angry just because Luke hurt Percy."

Ah, yeah about that. I did promise Poseidon that I will protect his son, so either he really believed his words, or he did that to protect me. But, after that stunt, will he be still believe me? I did sense Kronos also taking part that day, I can fell him control a part of my body and mind.