Chapter 06: What a strange dream.

_______________

Tin

I drag Can's body to the surface while I crawl in the mud, I feel spasms in my own body and helplessly, I start to vomit the water I unconsciously intaken by coughing countless times.

However, no response comes from Can, his body is cold and white...I didn't even realized how small he is until now.

I slapped him, hit his face...nothing. Can continues with his eyes closed.

"Can! Can!" I cry desperately and look around, it is still too early for someone to be around here.

"Can! Come on idiot! wake up!" Another slap, it is useless...he still didn't answer.

The seconds seem like an eternity and I begin to despair.

I take his wrist trying to find his pulse, but I can't feel it or maybe my fingers are so cold that I can't feel it anymore.

There is no choice.

I place my hands on his chest, squeezing his sternum and start to press hard. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10..." I pressed it 30 times quickly and hard, when I finished and move closer to his nose, no breath.

With my hands, I press his nose and joint my mouth to his, proceeding to give mouth to mouth resuscitation, one per second.

I pulled away, pressed his chest again with same number of times and take his mouth again to pass oxygen.

I do not see changes, I do not see answers, Can does not wake up, before I begins to fall into complete despair, I decide to continue with CPR.

I keep pressing his sternum with greater speed as I bend down to pass oxygen again, this time I do not stop, I do it for a considerable amount of time, although all this seems like an eternity. I exhale more forcefully and at that moment I see Can open his eyes suddenly.

I turn away and he starts vomiting water, I helped him up as he keeps flushing the water out of his system without being able to measure it. He just coughs excessively, his body trembling, it is still cold so I approach to hug him, giving him some warmth, which is quite difficult to achieve with my body also frozen.

"T...Tin..." He stutters, his teeth grinding.

"Quiet, I'll call someone." I tell him, trying to comfort him, then I remember that my cell phone fell with me into the lake, this can't be!

"Can you get up?" I ask taking his face but he can hardly speak and his gaze seems lost. I picked him up, his body relatively smaller than mine, he hardly weighs anything so I decide to carry him on top.

I try to run, although, I easily get agitated and find it too difficult to keep up, it's only a few minutes and the economy cabins are closer.

I run with his body on top of mine, he does not make any noise, maybe he fainted again, I should check him but I no longer feel my legs and the oxygen I inhale is not enough.

I see a light in the distance and a couple of people, I try to scream but I don't have the strength to do that right now.

I fall to my knees with Can still on me, my vision becoming cloudy and then everything goes dark.