Chapter 09: He's annoying.

_______________

Can

Today is the last day.

It is early, way too early but there are still students hanging around the forest and in the central courtyard, as most of them don't want to waste what little time is left of this short trip.

I secretly and nimbly sneak between the walls of the huts, squinting, trying to look around me.

I don't see him. Good.

I'm about to come out of my hiding place when a hand touches my shoulder that made me fall to the ground in fear.

"Can, what you are doing?"

It's only Lemon, I breathed calmly.

"You almost killed me with a heart attack!" I tell her as she looks at me with an even more confused face.

"Why are you here? Who are you spying on?"

"I'm not spying on anyone, I came to look for Ai'Pete." I answered as I get up.

My fall got my elbows scraped and my shirt has more dirtier on the back.

Just great.

"And why are you so dirty?"

What happened to this woman and since when does she questions me this much?

"I ran out of clean clothes..." I say, almost muttering.

Lemon sighs, almost resigned.

Well, it's not my fault! I didn't brought many clothes and I didn't know I was going to mess up all the clothes I had brought, just to my luck.

"Ahhh...what am I going to do with you?" She says in a way that is too exaggerated for me, it's not like I don't have a plan.

"That's why I came to look for Ai'Pete, he has some of my clothes in his cabin." I answer in my defense.

"Then, why don't you just knock on his door?" She answers and I see how she goes towards their cabin so I quickly stop her taking her by the arm.

"Wait!!"

"Hey!"

"You can't go!" I tell her while pulling her again towards my hiding place.

"He could be there..."

"He?"

Yes, HE...I can't even say his name because saying it made me feel something strange inside me.

"Yes...Pete's annoying friend." I say, trying to say his name furiously but I can't because somehow, it won't come out.

"You mean the handsome boy who helped you the other day?" She says and I can even see a huge smile forming on her face.

"Handsome?"...are we talking about the same person?

"He is annoying." I answered uncomfortably.