Chapter 08: Thank you...

_______________

Tin

"I'm sorry I left you alone for so long." I hear Pete say as he approaches me with a chocolate, which I guess, is his peace offering.

"Nothing happened." I answer as I take the chocolate and open it.

I really thought he was not going to find me here in the cabin since he didn't spent much time in it and neither have I, although at this moment, it is a good place to stay away from everyone.

"I did not see you at the assembly today." He says, his tone sounding kind of strange because even for me, it is rare to be absent.

"I was tired,"

"Are you god now? You've been acting strange lately." He responds, stressing the word "strange".

The audacity...he is the one who has been disappearing almost every night to go to who knows where, although it is certain that he does not do it alone, surely he is going with that engineering boy.

"It's this place, so many useless people around me affects me."

"Is that why you've been bothering Ai'Can?"

Bothering?

"Did he tell you that? That silly boy is the meaning of nuisance in person!" I say almost shouting but I controlled myself when I see his reaction.

Somehow, it bothers me that Can considers me a nuisance in his life, after all I've done for him and with everything I've endured for that fool, he should be at my feet!

"Well, he did not say exactly that you were bothering him, but that you took something from him and that you, well...you are not like that."

Hell, I really am not like that and if Pete noticed my change then that's not a good sign, not at all.

"It's nothing, you really shouldn't be listening to that child, you know that when he speaks, there are no coherence that comes out of his mouth."

"Hmm...you really like Can." He says nervously.

What? I stared at him and he almost seemed to hide his face. How did this guy come to that ridiculous conclusion?

"Getting together with all those fools is affecting you too much." I answered harshly and sharply.

His words are etched in my head and I can't push them away, they bother me too much and even when I get up, his voice still reverberates in my head.

"You sent his clothes to be washed." He says from behind me before he walks through the door.

"That does not mean anything."

"No, but the way you talk about him and the way you treat him, it doesn't seem like he really bothers you." I hear him say and those last words are enough for me to leave the room and also the cabin.

I try to make a list of all his flaws, a list that should be endless if I have to refer to Can.

However, I can only see his smile in my head, his voice echoing in every wall of my mind and I even remember the way he he plays with his hands when he doesn't understand something.