Sidekick

Image is not mine

Usually things to keep track of.

Y/N = Your Name (or oc's)

Y/A = Your Animal

F/C = Fur/Feather Color

Y/P = Your pronouns

H/N = Home town's Name (cities go with this btw)

G/I = Gender Identity ( Male, female, non-binary, ect.)

Also my OC Keila Ruiz the Cat will be in this story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

Here I was, on a boat to get away from (H/N), hoping to get away from THEM. The boat was taking me to a place called Bygone Island. Oh, I didn't even tell you who I am, I am (Y/N) the (Y/A), I am a (G/I) (Y/A) with (F/C) and I am moving to Bygone Island. I hope things are better there than they are at (H/N). Oh we finally arrived, now time to look for a home and settle in.

Meanwhile.....

Author POV

Sonic was running and battling Eggman like usually with Tails helping and it was going fine until Tails' plane crashed and he got badly injured. Now he is waking up with Sonic telling him some news.

Tails: Sonic?

Sonic: Hey buddy, how ya feeling?

Tails: I'm great, ready to get back in action!

Sonic: Yeah, uh, about that, um, I got some great news! You, my friend are taking early retirement!

If Sonic's girlfriend, Keila the Cat was there, she'd roll her eyes at him.

Tails: Early retirement?

Sonic: Yeah! You're gonna play lots of golf, spend time with the grandkids! (Does he know how babies are made?)

Tails: I don't have grandkids!

Sonic: Well now's your chance to get some! Trust me, it's for the best. I-i'll see you around pal.

Sonic proceeds to speed off leaving Tails alone to question what just happened. Sonic came back to answer his question before speeding off again.

Tails: What just happened?

Sonic: I fired you *slams door*

Tails: Okay, just checking.

Sonic POV

Sonic: Don't look at me like that, I did what I had to do.

I said that to absolutely no one really but if my girlfriend was here, I would definitely say that to her cause she would have obviously would have said something. But I did the right thing, right? Here I was doing something I never thought I do, put posters up saying I need a new sidekick. It hurts really, knowing I won't have my buddy with me anymore but if it keeps him out of danger then it'll be fine in the end.

Author POV

At Sonic's shack where the tryouts were being held, animals were gathering up to try out. Amy tired out, a random beaver, Amy tried out a second time, Knuckles tried, he was confused by the way. A couple other people tired out, finally a hooded figure tried out.

Sonic: Okay, last question, what would you do in a no-win situation?

???: If I'm with you, there is not such thing as a no-win situation.

Sonic: Huh, you really get it new guy.

???: I do get it and I'm not a new guy, in reality, I am none other than.

The hooded figure struggled to get the cloak off but was Sonic shocked seeing who it was.

Sonic: Tails! You cannot be my sidekick!

Your POV

Okay, I am settled in and ready to explore. But where should I go, maybe I should ask someone who lives here if they could possibly give me a tour. I walked around for a bit before finding a shack and decided I could possibly ask this person if they could show me around. I peeped in.

Y/N: Hello?

Sonic: Congratulations, you are the 4th candidate!

Y/N: Wha?

A human, beaver and a two-tailed fox turned around to look at me, but when the fox locked eyes with me, I felt something, I don't know what but there was something. Anyways the blue hedgehog took us all somewhere. Apparently it was named "Mount Safety", but it was far from safe. The hedgehog began to explain how this was going to work whit the beaver correcting once. The human pushed the beaver down and that was unexpected. After the beaver went down, so did the human and fox so I decided to go down too. Things quickly became a mess as the human who I think his name is Eggman started to shoot at the fox and I got caught in that but I managed to dodge all of the flame throwers and claws. The plane the fox was in went down which scared me for some reason. I decided I should go and help.

Author POV

Sonic: Tails!

Tails: Sonic, I'm stuck!

(Y/N) ran over to help them, by jumping over plane and trying to get the seat belts off Tails but Burnbot kept making a mess but the plane drown quicker. Finally (Y/N) got Tails unstuck with help from Sonic. Sonic then turns to you.

Sonic: Thanks for helping out.....

Y/N: (Y/N)

Sonic: (Y/N), got it!

Tails: Well, thanks (Y/N) for helping me help.

Sonic then turned his attention to Tails.

Sonic: Tails, I didn't really wanna fire you. I just wanted to protect you.

Y/N: By putting him in more danger?

Sonic: The plan had holes! And don't you dare say what Keila would say if she was here!

Tails just gave him a smile and got back up. (Y/N) just smiled at this and decided to question who they were talking about later.

Eggman: Oh Sonic! I got one last surprise for you. I took your advice. Burnbot CAN burn things.

Burnbot then started to throw flame throwers at the trio of people which then made Sonic fall into the water and cry out, "I can't swim!" Tails immediately flew over to him trying to get him out.

Tails: You're waterlogged! I can't lift you!

Sonic: Don't worry about me! Get out of here!

Tails: That's not how sidekicks do!

Tails managed to lift him up and out of the water, (Y/N) could see he was a friend who wouldn't give up easily and that interested them. Eggman fled and the people went to the beach to chill.

Y/N: Well, I'll see you guys around hopefully.

Sonic: For sure, Oh I gotta pick up my girlfriend!

Sonic zoomed off, leaving (Y/N) and Tails together.

Y/N: Well, see ya around?

Tails: Definitely.

(Y/N) walked away but now before giving the two-tailed fox a smile and walked back to their new home thinking,

I'm gonna like it here

So hope yall enjoyed this crappy first chapter of this x reader

Papaya OUT!

Also 1000+ words

12-8-20