Part 2

Tonraq and Senna had a guest bedroom in the basement of their quaint home. Well, the basement was the bedroom. Tonraq led Asami downstairs and helped her set up her bags. Asami looked over at the large queen bed in the middle of the room and the toasty fireplace that the chief must've started while Asami was tucking his daughter in. It made the room so cozy and homey. 

"Thank you, Tonraq, for everything."

"Our home is your home, Miss Sato."

"Please call me Asami. Miss Sato was my mom."

Asami shuffled a little bit. Honestly, seeing Tonraq and Senna be so perfect made her long for a life with both of her loving parents. A world where her dad wasn't evil and her mother's life wasn't ripped away from a young Asami. Tonraq pulled the young woman in for a big dad hug. It was really nice. The two said goodnight and Tonraq returned to help his wife finish cleaning up. 

Asami sat down on the bed and ran her hand over the homemade quilt that was neatly wrapping the soft mattress. Korra's home felt so authentic. A patchwork of family love and comfort. The heiress felt so normal for once. Her whole life had been marble countertops and silver cutlery. Butlers and maids took care of every detail. Now she listened to Tonraq and Senna giggle at each other as dishes clanked together. The sounds of two people who genuinely loved each other and nothing else mattered. Asami's eyes slowly closed and she drifted into one of the most comforting sleeps she'd ever had. 

Asami was woken up early to Naga licking her face. 

"Naaaggggaaaaa"

She rolled over on her other side and Naga ran around the bed to lick her face again. 

"FINE"

The heiress grabbed her thick robe from one of her bags and led the polar bear dog to the backyard to go to the bathroom. Asami stood out in the cold and watched fresh snow fall gently onto the ground. Finally Naga was done and Asami noticed the sun was starting to rise. She walked back into the house and saw Korra's door was cracked open so she peeked in. 

Senna was holding her daughter tightly. She must've had another nightmare and woke her up. Asami was so glad that Korra had people who loved her so much. She slowly shut the door and went downstairs to get ready for her day. Today she was going to start setting up the Southern Water Tribe Future Industries office and meet up with her new assistant, Sook. She'd met Sook in Republic City at a engineering convention and the young spunky water tribe woman had given Asami the idea to expand her company to the South. She liked her ambition and vision. 

When she got back upstairs she was all dressed up in a newly designed Future Industries jacket that was lined with fur and had a warm hood. She wore thick snow boots instead of her usual knee highs. Korra and Tonraq were now sitting at the kitchen table eating some arctic hen eggs that Senna had prepared. 

"Want some breakfast 'Sami?"

"'Sami?"

The heiress said jokingly at her new nickname. She kinda liked it. 

"Sorry I meant Asami."

"hahaha of course."

She poured herself a cup of coffee and quickly finished her plate. Korra ate slowly but Tonraq reminded her she had to meet up with Katara and Kya soon to start her healing sessions. Korra sighed and then asked her mom if she could help her get ready because Asami looked like she was ready to rush out the door. 

"I can help you Korra... Isn't Katara's on the way to my office?"

"Yeah kinda?"

"No problem I can take you over there."