Part 4

Korra kept going to see Katara and Kya everyday. She wasn't making much progress but at least her body was starting to hurt less although she still couldn't walk. The Avatar started to have better function in her arms and could wheel herself around in her chair. She was frustrated with her lack of progress but Katara reminded her constantly that it'd only been a week. The poison had effected every part of her body and it would take time to recover from such an extensive injury. 

Asami and Sook were making great connections in the South. She'd had some meetings with Tonraq about the rail system and brainstormed how the project would help their local economy and ease food shortages. The Chief was so thankful for Asami's hard work and compassion for his tribe. Neither him or Senna told them that they knew they were more than just friends although they didn't know to what extent. It didn't matter to them as long as Korra was happy and it seemed that when Asami was in her room at night that she was more at peace. They'd heard her wake up violently a few times from nightmares but could hear Asami calming her down. 

Today was Friday so it was their last day of work and healing sessions for the week. Asami had asked Korra to go out to dinner that night. Korra's favorite water tribe restaurant was one dedicated to none other than, Sokka. Sokka's Seal and Steak House sat on the harbor and looked out over the vast southern sea. Asami had made a reservation for two and brought a change of clothes to work with her. She finished up her last bit of sketching for a rail system station and said goodbye to Sook. 

The non-bender saw Naga waiting for her outside with the Avatar being pulled on a sled behind her. Asami had designed it so Korra could get around the village much easier. She could wheel her chair into the back end of it and it locked into place. 

"Hey there beautiful" Asami said to the Avatar. 

"Hey Asami ready to go? You look stunning." Korra said to Asami who was wearing a long gray jacket with a gold belt wrapped around her waist. The top few buttons were undone showing some nice cleavage. Her make up was perfect as always and her lips glistened. 

Asami jumped on top of Naga and they headed down to the restaurant. Naga waited out front and a server brought her a bowl of seal blubber to munch on which made Naga's tail wag and hit Korra in the face. The two sat and looked over the menu. Korra was so excited her tongue was hanging out of her mouth as she thought about how good the food was. Asami giggled at her dorky girl. If there was one thing that could cheer Korra up, it was food.

"So how was your day Korra?"

"huh?" Korra was day dreaming of the yummy food. "Oh yes! Sorry. It was okay. I talked to Kya for a while because Katara was busy healing some hunters who came across some angry spirits."

"What'd you two talk about?"

"Oh nothing in particular. Did you know she has a girlfriend?"

"Wait? Kya does? Who! Do we know her?" Asami said excitedly. 

"She wouldn't tell me for some reason it was kind of weird. She said she lived in Republic City and that they would meet up whenever she was visiting."

"oh okay. Hmmm I wonder who it could be. How did you get on that topic anyway?" Asami questioned, thinking she probably knew the answer. 

"Well... uh... that's what I kind of wanted to talk to you about" Korra chuckled nervously. 

"I know I said I love you the other night... and I really mean it, 'Sami." 

Asami smiled and let her continue. 

"I said I wanted to take things slow and I do because I still am so messed up and think I might be for a long time..." Korra reached and grabbed Asami's hand on the table. She caressed her and looked embarrassed at the same time.