Chapter 10: Found Out

As he drew closer, Lu saw a familiar person walking out the gates, tying her short blonde hair into a ponytail in preparation to greet their visitors.

She then adjusted her gloves to tighten their grip, and from the air, gathered red particles that condensed into a sword themed in red and black. She brandished her manablade and assumed a masterful stance against the giants headed her way.

Immediately, Lu cleared her of suspicion from being the hostile scythe-weilding cybelian he suspected she was. However, a tinge of suspiciousnes still eminated, just for the off chance that someone can use two types of manablades.

He spun his feathers faster inside the machine to provide aid as soon as possible.

As the sun weaved its last rays of light into the air, the titans started to run faster. Chrio intercepted them and evaded a swift slam from the first titan and slid between the legs of the next one. She slashes into it and a loud metallic clang was heard. Titans wear extremely durable outer shell but there were gaps in them to allow movement. Chrio attempted to exploit the weakness through this gap but missed.

Taking on one of the beasts head on was not a very rare feat for the ones experienced in fighting them, but two makes it perilous. Chrio must have aimed to disable one of them to make it manageable.

The first golem jumps at her and she rolls aside, but falls prey to the backhand swing of the second one and crashes to a nearby tree.

Lu blasts his last animus charge in hopes of stealing their attention, which he achieved. Their deadly bright stares made Lu ask himself why he did that. His answer was that he did not want to stand by as someone's soul was about to be eaten alive. Still, he admits, that he could have done something smarter.

A green cloud enveloped Chrio and disappeared as quickly as it came before she kicked off the tree to plunge her blade into the leg of the titan closer to her.

Lu was again surprised and confused that the animus had long evolved from simply control one of the four elements like it did back in monitum, but he was relieved to see her be able to cast a powerful healing on herself.

"Quickly! Get inside!" Chrio screamed at him as the enormous entity fell on its knee and turned back to her for a punch.

She evaded it this time and was forced to leave the sword stuck in the hole. It disappeared for a brief moment then it was resummoned to Chrio by her will.

Mist as golden as its eye started leaking out from its wound, and it attempted to stand up, though obviously having difficulties with its shaking leg.

The governess ran the direction opposite to the city, leading the wounded golem away with her.

The one left with Lu pinned its arms to the ground and some of the gaps in its armor started glowingseemingly preparing to fire something at him. Lu was familiar with the attack. It was about to shoot six homing balls of energy that explode in contact.

Obeying Chrio's command to fall back was something he could not agree with because if there were others in the city that could fend off the titanic mechas, they should have already gotten out.

Lu had already seen how the city extends its walls using machines, and it was likely that the city could repair the damages before another raid occurs, but he as himself was not willing to make a gamble with lives at stake, no matter how small the chance was.

Lu drove to the speedwagon to the left side of Elle. Its walls expanded on his right.

There is a large river behind the city, and titans are put in a "deactivated" state equal to death once submerged. At least, it did back in Monitum. It was a gamble with life, but he wasn't feeling too unfortunate because most of the things so far works exactly the same way they did in the game.