Chapter 11 - A True leader

"We would not be with our children if it wasn't for you." Pepper said as she held a child closed to her. The child looked like her husband. Sombra put up a barrier around everyone to keep the snow out but it wouldn't last long. 

"Please! Remember how Cadence was! She was kind!" Twilight yelled but the ponies looked away from her. You looked at them and closed your eyes. 

"Sombra will not give up his kingdom!" You yelled. Everyone looked at you and you walked next to him. He was close to failing. You could see the barrier starting to get cracks in it but you leaned on his and put your horn to his. You then channeled magic into his to help him and looked at the ponies of the crystal empire. 

"If you love Sombra, truly do love him, help him!" You yelled. They all were still before the ground glowed. The ponies then got their crystal coats back and you looked, seeing the crystal heart spin fast and a barrier come up. As it passed you, pushing the snow and storm back, your coat, as did everyone's coats, turning into crystal. Sombra fell. You moved and helped him up but Twilight walked up.

"I knew you would go back on your promise." She said. You moved in front of Twilight. 

"Stop it Twilight!" You yelled. She stopped. 

"I spent a year here! I saw how he was! He did everything for his kingdom! He is not evil like you have said. He is kind and caring and loves his subjects!" You yelled. Twilight was silent but saw the whole crystal empire move behind you and Sombra. 

"You told me to get information, well here it is. Sombra is a great king. He does what is best for his subjects and treats them like royalty. I have seen the children jumping on him as he laughed. I saw him invite ponies over for dinner just because or go to their homes. He helps clean and keep the city safe." You say and walk to her. 

"All You did was use a bunch of rocks to stop an enemy, but you never stopped thinking of him as one." You say and turn your back to her.

"And until you do, I guess I am your enemy also." You say and walk next to Sombra. 

"Lets get you to bed." You saw and helped him lean on you as you walk. The kingdom turned and followed. Twilight watched as they left and looked at the ball of stone. 

"Twi?" Applejack said. She looked at her.

"Lets go back. We can get the kingdom back later." She said. Twilight was silent and gave a nod. 

~with you~

You helped him in bed and covered him. 

"Thank you (y/n)." Sombra said. You smiled and kissed him. He kissed back before he shut his eyes. You walked out and sighed. 

"Ok, Let's get the rock out of our city." You say and walk outside, only to see a changeling looking at the ball. You saw the ponies hiding from it, scared. You were still before you walked up. 

"L-Leave or you will suffer the same fate." You said. It looked at you. 

"You did this?" It asked. He sounded male. You gave nod, knowing it was a lie but you wanted him to leave. The changeling then smiled and ran and hugged you, shocking you. 

"Thank you!" He said. You pushed him away.

"Wait, Thank you?" You asked. He gave a nod.

"Yes. I never wanted to follow them, but i was forced to." He said and gave a smile at you.

"So when that black and gray pony caught me, I was happy I didn't have to fight and hurt anypony." He said. You sat on the ground. 

"You seem nice." You say. He nods but then frowns. 

"I am, but I still need to feed. I came here because of the love but..." He stops talking and stands. 

"But I know I will only cause problems." He said and turned. You stood and ran in front of him to stop him from walking. 

"Wait, I don't think you will cause problems. You are different, I can tell. Do you have a name?" You asked. He gave a nod. 

"Yes. I'm Throax." He said. You smiled and held out a hoof. 

"I'm (y/n)." You say. He reaches and shakes your hoof but he then hisses and you feel his feed a bit off you. He then pulls back and covers his mouth, tears in his eyes. 

"I-I'm sorry. I-I'm just so hungry." He said. You smiled at him. 

"It's OK. I know Sombra will understand. Do you want to help me? I need to try and move this. If you do, I don't mind if you feed off me." You asked, pointing to the ball. He smiled, wiping his eyes and gave a nod.