Slap

"Misaki!" I heard my pink haired friend said.

Turning around, I faced my teammates and Tazuna. Though I was still walking and so are they but I'm walking backwards. "What?" I asked her.

They're all walking beside together but me. I'm walking ahead since I already know the way.

Sakura asked shyly. "Well, we were wondering. Why were you crying earlier?"

I immediately stopped in my tracks and so did they. My face looked at them with an unreadable expression. Hatake looked up from his reading and looked at me in the eyes. They are all staring at me waiting for my answer.

I just blinked and shrugged. "Don't worry about it" I faked a smile and turned back around and started walking. I could feel their eyes look at me behind my back.Then seconds later I could hear them finally walking again.

But I could still feel them give me a curious glance from time to time mostly Kakashi.

I just tried to ignore it but couldn't. Because when Sakura brought it up, it brought up bad memories of me. And before I know it, I could feel my eyes getting blurry and tears threatening to spill but I held it all in. I already broke my promise one time and I'm not doing it again.

I stopped walking and slightly turn my head to the side. "I'll be going ahead and don't worry, I know the way. I know you're grandson, Inari. And since its a C-rank mission, there won't be any ninjas trying to attack me" I said.

In the corner of my eyes I could see Tazuna tense up but quickly vanished. "Wait, you know Inari?" He asked me.

I nodded, "Hai, we used to play around in the lake" and disappeared in a flash.

Sasuke's POV

When she left, I could've sworn I saw a glint in her eyes. But what surprised me is that she disappeared in an instant. None of us never seen her fight and speed.

"Ah! Cool! I didn't know Misaki-chan can do that! Believe it!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Neither did I" I suddenly heard myself muttering and so did our sensei. My head snapped toward him as his head snapped towards mine. His one eye looked at me with curiosity as mine held confusion. Even he doesn't know what she really can do. Does he?

After our mini contest, Kakashi-sensei sighed and broke it and went back to his reading. I slightly frowned and stared at the dirty road.

Questions lingered in my head.

How did she know Tazuna's grandson?

Just who is she?

And why was she crying earlier?

A tick formed in my head. Silly Sasuke, caring why she was crying earlier.

But...I noticed when she cried back in Konoha, her eyes were dull and a gray dark blue instead of those sparkly eyes of her.

Misaki's POV

I couldn't do it. I broke my promise again. Right after I disappear from my team tears just come dripping down.