Chapter 27: Jacob's POV

My heart pounded in my chest aggressively as I raced to her side. I could tell by the rhythmic rise and fall of her chest that she was alive, just unconscious. The matter at hand is that this is so unusual for her. Renesmee has never passed out or lost consciousness the way she just did. Her face was pale and somehow a sickly shade of green as well. She looked like an unwell human to explain it in the best terms. Kind of like when we get the flu, but she doesn't get sick. She's never gotten sick, her immune system lies within the vampire realm.

"Baby, wake up." I said desperately, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. She didn't move. I tried to contain my panic as I pulled my phone out and instinctively dialed Edward's number. It might have made more sense to call Carlisle, but I knew he and Edward would most likely be together anyways.

"Hey, Jake." Edward said lightheartedly as he answered the phone.
"Heard my girls a shield. Incredible." He chuckled.

"Edward, something's wrong." I said, clenching my jaw tightly.

"What happened?" The tone in his voice became much more serious. I guess he could tell that it was something serious and not miniscule.

"She passed out. I don't know what happened. She got angry at me and just passed out." I said quickly, continuing to look down at Nessie. Her hair fell perfectly, framing her goddess like face, but she seemed to have dark circles forming under her eyes which was far from normal.

"Bring her here, now." Edward said right before hanging up. I shoved the phone in my pocket quickly and lifted Renesmee into my arms with ease. I carried her out to one of the cars that Alice had 'given' me last Christmas as I assumed the leather backseat would be much more comfortable than the truck. I still can't believe I'm entering a family that thinks giving someone a car is just as simple as giving someone a pair of headphones for Christmas.

The entire drive to the Cullen's, I kept my eyes on the rear-view mirror. She was still breathing, thankfully. Color seemed to be returning to her face but she still didn't seem to be doing well. The drive went by fast which probably was because I broke a million speeding laws on the way, but I didn't care. I needed to know she was safe.

I carried her inside where everyone seemed to be congregating in the living room. Bella rushed up immediately with anger simmering in her eyes.

"What did you do to her?" She yelled. I could feel my frame start trembling at the accusation. I was furious.

"Don't you dare accuse me of doing anything to her! You've been the one pushing her everyday! Why don't you look in the mirror and realize you might be the problem, Bella?!" I spat angrily.

"Let's not argue. First we should find out what's wrong with her." Alice chimed in, always being the comforting voice of reason around here. Alice seemed very confident and at ease, which made me wonder if she already knew what was wrong with Renesmee. Bella gave me one last angry look before stomping off towards the kitchen. I walked to the sofa and laid Renesmee down, propping a pillow behind her head to ensure that she was comfortable.

Carlisle came into the room with his bag of medical equipment and had me recount exactly what had happened leading up to her passing out. He nodded throughout my incredibly in-depth explanation as he used different tools on her.

It wasn't until a few moments later that I saw the look of shock in his eyes, but he was trying to contain it. I saw a strong look of concentration on his face as he cut his eyes towards Edward. Edward seemed to be focusing as well and that's when I realized that Edward was trying to read Carlisle's mind, and Carlisle was trying to block him. There seemed to be an intense power struggle taking place before Carlisle's face softened and Edward's eyes widened. Edward looked over at me angrily and my confusion only deepened. He sincerely looked like he wanted to kill me.