22

Alex's room was dimly lit when you walked in. The first thing that caught your eye was the gaming setup along the wall, still running the stream and Minecraft. His bed was across the room, out of sight from the cameras. It was a little dirty, but homey, and it felt like Alex. 

As soon as you walked in, Alex grabbed a chair from the side of the room and brought it over for you, before sitting down in his own and sliding his headset back on. You sat down next to him, dropping your bag under the desk. 

"I'm back." Alex said, hopping right back into the stream. "And uh, Y/N is with me." 

You waved a little to the camera, smiling. 

Instantly, the chat was filled with comments rolling by too fast for you to read. You were able to catch onto a few words though - it seemed most of the commenters already knew who you were somewhat, they were just surprised to see you in person. 

"Wait, Y/N is with you?" 

Someone's voice came from the computer. You assumed it was Karl - he sounded high pitched than you imagined. 

"That's Karl." Alex said, confirming your suspicions. 

"Hi Karl." You said. 

Karl giggled. "Hi Y/N. Quackity talks about you a lot."

You glanced over at Alex. "He does?" 

"I do not!" Alex said. "It was like two times-"

"Yeah two times that were an hour each." Someone else's voice came from the computer, deeper than Karls. 

"Oh- Sapnap joined while you were out." Karl said. The other voice was Sapnap then. 

"Hi Sapnap." You said. 

"Hey." He replied. 

On screen, Alex was on some kind of dirt platform overlooking a city of sorts. For some reason, they had built all their houses in and around a large hole in the ground. You didn't think that a crater would have been the best spot for a Minecraft town, but to each their own you supposed. 

"So Y/N." Karl lead in. "I have some questions."

"Okay." You replied, glancing at Alex, unsure where this was going. 

"You know, just to make sure that you're a good fit for Quackity. Since, as his fiance, it's kind of my job-"

"Fiance?" You laughed, raising an eyebrow. "You didn't tell me you were engaged."

Alex spluttered out a nervous laugh. "Well, I-"

"I feel kind of cheated." You said, mocking an exaggerated hurt. "You should have told me that going in."

"Wait till you find out he's engaged to me too." Sapnap said. 

You turned to Alex, both your eyebrows shooting up to your hairline now. "Two people? You're engaged to two other people?"

"Babe, it's not what it looks like, I promise!" Alex said, mockingly pleading. "It's in Minecraft-"

"This is outrageous." You said. "I can't believe you would keep the fact that you're part of a polycule-"

"A what?" Karl interrupted, laughing. 

"A polycule." You said. "It's another word for a polyamorous relationship."

"Aaaah." Karl said. "Good to know."

"Sounds like math." Sapnap said.

"That's not the point here though." You said. "How come you didn't tell me you were engaged to two other men? Hmm?"

Alex grabbed your hand for a second and squeezed it. "They're just the homies."

"Just the homies?" Karl asked. "Just?! Wow, Quackity."

"You've changed man." Sapnap joined in. 

Alex laughed again. "You guys are being mean! How am I supposed to choose? This is peer pressure, I'm being bullied!"

You smiled and leaned back in your chair, watching the chat comments roll by. It was interesting to see it all from this perspective. It seemed that there was a lot more that went into it that you assumed. 

"Y/N what's your instagram?" 

You snapped back to reality at Sapnap's question. "Oh, yn_insta. Why?" You responded. 

Sapnap didn't answer you, but a few seconds later, you felt your phone buzz and you pulled it out, you were notified that Sapnap had followed you. You smiled, following him back. "Thanks." You said. 

"Y/N!" Karl said. "I never got to ask my questions!"

"Oh, right." You said. "Go ahead."

"Milk or cereal first?" Karl asked. 

"Cereal, obviously." You said.

Karl hummed thoughtfully. "Good answer, good answer... but what about this? Apple or orange juice?"

"Apple, hands down." You said. "Who even likes orange juice?"

"Sapnap likes orange juice." Alex supplied, a wide grin on his face. 

"Sapnap likes orange juice?" You said, pulling out your phone again. "Let me just take my follow back..."

Alex burst out laughing, and you could hear Sapnap protesting behind Karl's laughter as well. You grinned to yourself, happy to be getting along with his friends, and happy that the chat seemed to be enjoying your presence on the stream as well. Secretly, you had been a little nervous that the chat wouldn't like you, or that trying to talk to his friends would go poorly - you had seen plenty of horror stories about significant others of celebrities and internet personalities.

"One last question, and this one determines whether or not you can have our blessing." Karl said. 

"Oh geez." You said. "Okay."

"Shower at night or in the morning?" 

You pursed your lips. Should you answer honestly, or what you thought Karl wanted to hear? 

"Morning." You said. "I'm too tired at night to shower, and it wakes me up."

"You have my blessing." Karl said, sounding amused. 

"Thank god." You said, laughter on your tongue. 

"Sapnap?" Karl asked. 

"What if I don't want to give him up." Sapnap said. "He was ours first-"

"I know." Karl said. "But if you love someone, you have to let them go."

You bit your lip, a little laugh escaping from your lungs. 

"I guess you have my blessing too then." Sapnap said. 

"Phew." You laughed. "I was getting worried there for a second." 

"I would've fought them if they said no." Alex said. 

"Quackity!" Sapnap said. "Wh- we had you first?"

"Yeah, we have seniority." Karl said. 

Alex just laughed, scanning through the chat. "Seniority my ass."

"Yeah your ass." Sapnap said. "Y/N have you seen Quackity's absolute dump truck of an ass yet?"

You doubled over laughing, gripping the desk for support. Alex wasn't much better next to you, screaming with laughter. 

You smiled, fighting for breath. What had you even been worried about?