23

As the stream continued, you got more comfortable with Karl and Sapnap, joking and laughing with them while you watched Alex play. Donations came in, saying how cute you and Alex were, and joking about you joining the little polycule. Eventually though, you bid goodnight to Karl and Alex as the stream ended.

Alex slid his headset off and leaned back in his seat, smiling at you. "So?"

"They seem really nice." You said. "And I didn't realize how much stuff you have to do to stream, I mean jesus." You gestured to the setup. "I would be completely lost."

"It's not that complicated once you're used to it." Alex said.

You felt your phone buzz in your pocket. It had been going off incessantly since the stream, but you hadn't wanted to seem bored or rude and check it. Now though, you pulled it out, mildly concerned. You checked your notifications to see hundreds of new Instagram followers.

"Oh shit." You said, going to your profile. You had jumped from about three thousand to thirteen thousand in a matter of minutes. "What the hell?"

Alex leaned over, resting his chin on your shoulder. "What?"

"Where did they all come from?" You asked, laughing.

"Stream, probably." Alex said. He reached around you to scroll through the new followers, finding Karl and following him back for you.

"That's crazy." You said, leaning into the arm around you.

 Alex hummed, scooting his chair closer. You just sat there for a moment, enjoying the feeling of his chin on your shoulder and the weight of his arm on your waist. It was a minute before he spoke again.

"Do you want to get something to eat?" He asked. 

"Are you hungry?" You tuned a little to look at him. 

"A bit." He said. "I was just going to order Doordash or something-"

"I've got it." You said, opening your phone again to place an order. "What do you want?" 

"You don't have to-" Alex started.

"It's fine." You interrupted him smoothly, handing him your phone so that he could order what he wanted. "Consider it a thank you for letting me drop in on short notice."

"You don't have to thank me." He said, placing his order on your phone and handing it back to you. 

"Either way." You sent the order off and slid your phone away again. You closed your eyes, just enjoying the moment.

Alex shifted behind you. "You wanna watch something?" He asked. 

"Sure." You said, opening your eyes again. 

Alex disappeared from behind you, turning the monitor of his computer so that it faced the bed and pulling up some generic action movie. He flopped on the bed, pulling one of the blankets loose and patting the spot next to him. "C'mon."

You got up and walked over, plopping down beside him. As the movie started to roll, Alex draped the blanket over both of you, curling into your side like a koala. 

You grinned, sliding one of your arms around him. "Touchy, touchy."

Alex picked his head up, frowning. "Hey." He pouted, sliding away from you. "I'm not going to do it if you're going to make fun of me."

"No, come back!" You said, reaching an arm out. "Promise I won't say anything again, please."

Alex hesitated before snuggling back into your side, draping an arm and a leg over you and resting his head on your arm. You tugged his beanie off and put it aside so that you could run your fingers through his hair. He pressed the top of his head into your hand more, his eyes dropping to half mast. 

You were barely paying attention to the screen, but neither was he as he traced his fingers up your chest and to your jaw, gently holding it to turn your head to the side. You smiled at him, playing with locks of his hair, twirling them with your fingers.

"Your hair is so soft." You said, your voice barely above a whisper. 

 "I know." He replied. 

You laughed. "What was that answer?"

"What was I supposed to say?" He asked. "Thanks bro, I deep condition?"

You giggled and tilted your head down to press your lips to his, smiling when a soft sound left his mouth accidentally. You made to pull back but he pressed back with more intensity, the hand that was still hovering around your jaw sliding to the back of your neck to hold you in place. 

Things were just getting heated when you heard a knock at the door. Alex pulled away, sliding off the bed. "Bet it's the food." He said. 

You grabbed his wrist. "You're really going to just leave like that?"

He glanced between you and the door. "It'll be like, two seconds. I'll be right back, promise." 

You let go of his wrist and gathered the blanket around yourself instead as he ducked out of the door. You let out a heady sigh, enjoying the warm feeling of the soft bed and the blanket and the feeling of being held and happy and here

True to his word, Alex came back a few seconds later, holding a bag of food and looking very content. He flopped back down on the bed and opened it up, sighing with happiness.  "Do you want some?"

"What did you get?" You asked, sitting up to peer into the bag. 

"Quesadillas." He said, pulling out two foil wrapped bundles and handing one to you. You took it gratefully, your heart squeezing at the gesture. Yes, technically you had paid, but the fact that he had ordered for both of you made you smile. 

You peeled away some of the blanket from yourself and draped it over Alex's shoulders as well as he settled back into the bed, munching happily. 

You unwrapped your own quesadilla and took a bite, watching Alex out of the side of your eye. "You look happy." You noted with a smile. 

Alex grinned. "Well, you're here, and you got me food, and we're sharing a blanket and you said my hair was soft." He butted his head against your shoulder playfully. 

You pressed a kiss to his forehead and smiled. "I love you."