CHAPTER ONE: A TOXIC LIFE STORY

CHAPTER ONE: TOXIC LIFE STORY!
CHICAGO, IL

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

"It's hot as fuck." My best friend, Anye (AWN-YAY), said loudly as we walked. "On my soul." I scoffed shaking my head. We had just got off the bus too. Getting off of work. We did an 10 hour shift. Sadly, we still have to be on our feet after. Normally, Kyree, my boyfriend would come pick us up. But the nigga didn't show up to pick me up. Well us...

He sometimes doesn't show up. Which makes me have to catch the bus, then walk 8 blocks to get to my house. Anye only has to walk 6. But she be willing to walk me to my house, and then I'd get Kyree to drop her off.

"Oooh Kay let's stop at the store right quick." Anye pointed at the 7-Eleven that was coming up. I shook my head. Niggas already posted up outside the store. "Girl I know you see all them niggas right there. Ion got time nor the patience Anye." I waved her off.

"Bitch they not gonna' pay us no mind. Look at us. We just got off work. Who gone care about two nursing assistants walking to a store." Anye straight faced me. "I guess." I sighed. We got to the store. "How yall doing?" One dark skinned man, with a low cut fade (Muwop) smiled as he opened the store door for us. He was fine as hell. Two other ones, (Louie and Tee) nodded their head at us. "We ight. Thanks." Anye, answered for the both of us.

As we went inside, eyes on us. I just minded my business and followed Anye. She picked up some Cheetos, Kit Kats, and a Sprite. "Really Anye this all you came for?" I stale faced her. "Girl nah I gotta' get me a wrap. You tweakin'." Anye scoffed at me. She went to go stand in line. I shrugged my shoulders, and said fuck it and gotten me something. I gotten me a iced honeybun, big mama, small bag of Doritos, and green tea. I went to go in line Anye already outside the store. I was standing behind this man, he had all black on. Black snapback too. His cap was faced backwards. He had dreads too, and tattoos.

"Yeah get me three of em'." He told the cashier. I seen the cashier turn to grab something. Probably wraps. "And get hers too." He turned to look at me then back at the cashier. "Oh no you don't have to get mine." I tried to stop him. "It's good shorty. I got chu'." He said.

I sat my stuff down. I quickly glanced at the man, and watched as he licked his lips. The cashier put my stuff in a bag. The man, maybe more than a stack in his pocket. All I know is I just seen a bunch of bills in his hand. This nigga got money money? Who is he?

"Well thank you..." I smiled lowly, then grabbed my stuff and walked out of the store.

"Yall having a party? Well Ima' see my bitch tryna' go. I'm down." Anye told them. What. The. Fuck. I walked passed them, and waited a far for Anye. "Bet. But Shit yall need a ride?" The one who opened the door for us asked. "Ye-" I cut Anye off. "No we're almost home. We good but thanks."

Anye smacked her lips and looked at me. I looked at her like bitch come on. "Ight." Anye rolled her eyes. "I'll see yall at that party." Anye waved at them. She walked up to me, she seen the look of my face, and could tell I was upset. "What Kay damn. I know you seen them niggas. They are fine assss fuck." Anye snapped her neck.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as we walked. "We don't even know them."

"Hold on lemme' cut you off. Cause I know them. Muwop, Tee, and Louie." She held her hand up. "Anye please stop flodging. You just met them on bro'. You did."