Prologue

Tsuna POV

"Good Morning, Juudaime!!"
I saw Hayato running up to me when I neared the school gates.
He'd gotten here earlier than me today, having had important UMA-Club activities to attend to as club-president. He'd even given me a formal letter explaining that he couldn't accompany me to school because of that yesterday...
And then he'd continued excusing himself for 4 hours straight, all the way through dinner.

So I'd only walked with Takeshi and (mini) Reborn to schoo today. I have to admit, it was a relatively quiet walk without their usual one-sided bickering. I could admit it felt like something was missing throughout the walk.

Suddenly I felt a shiver run down my spine & someone's stare on me. I quickly finished greeting Hayato back before scouting the area.
Almost immediately I saw Chrome standing to the side of the school gates before she approached our group.

"M-morning Bossu" she greeted, but looked back towards the school anxiously. I could tell something was bothering her and since I didn't wake up with a splitting headache (for many reasons), I thought through the possible explanations as to why she'd act like this:

Reason 1: Mukuro (transferred to our school recently; why? Reborn said so)
Reason 2: She dislikes Mondays, for which I can't blame her.
Reason 3: She forgot her homework or a test today
Reason 4: She fears Kyoya, which would be understandable --except I didn't see him at the gate!

"Gokudera-kun, have you seen Hibari-san?" I asked him, seeing as he'd been here a while longer than us and most likely saw him somewhere in the building.

"Huh, now that Juudaime mentions it, it's surprisingly quiet... No I haven't Juudaime, I'm sorr-!" he began to bow a perfect 90° but I interrupted him:

"Hayato, what have I told you about bowing & apologizing to me all the time?~" I gave him a bit sweeter than usual smile that mom taught me, so far it works! (Though I wonder what she uses it for if not on dad... shopping?)

Gokudera stood up straight and began to speak again, but one look from me silenced him.

Back to the situation at hand; there was no clue as to where Hibari-san or Mukuro were. Mukuro isn't much of a surprise, seeing as he sometimes just mist-teleports to school at the last second or was terrorizing his classmates.

I looked around searching for my strongest and most destructive Guardians only to catch a glimpse of Kyoko, Haru and Hana chatting near the boxing clubroom. I extended my bond with my sun guardian in that direction and felt the other side light up, a warmth spreading through our bond - like a greeting.

I smiled and continued.

I inhaled deeply and could feel Reborn's stare prickling into my back, telling me 'a boss never loses sight of his subordinates' or something along those lines,
so I subtly expanded my flame to my surroundings only to notice something.

"Chrome-chan, let's head to the back, alright?"

She just nodded sheepishly, figuring that I found out why she was so skittish this early in the morning.

We went around the building and Onii-san joined us on the way along with the 3 girls: "EXTREME good morning, Otouto!!"

I gave him a smile and nodded back, greeting them morning. Arriving at the back near the gym field I could feel the mist flames almost thrumming near the fence. There was no sound or blood in sight, but I knew better with the evidence and Mukuro's tricks.

I sighed and stepped forward.
'Reborn would've 'encouraged' me saying "a boss needs to control his subordinates'".
I could guess by now what he'd be thinking so why ignore the possibility of torture?