Chapter 7: When Things Go Weary (Edited)

The faint blue line appears and a feeling of relief washes over me. There is nothing better than knowing I'm not pregnant. I mean, if I was I'd have to have a paternity test done, find out who the father is, tell him, and then deal with things from there. Plus, I could definitely get fired for being with Hotch. For the moment, I am staying at JJ's house. She is really happy to have me back. And today, we break it to the team. I get nervous jut thinking about their reactions. Reid's more than anyone.
  As we pull into the lot JJ looks over at me. "Are you ready for this?" I nod silently. We head up the elevator. JJ goes straight to the round table room but I put my things back on my desk where they belong. I see Hotch look at me through the shades. That's my cue. I climb the steps toward the room, I stand in the doorway. Everyone is too focused on Hotch's words to realize I'm standing there.
  "She's alive?" Penelope says, full of hope and joy. Aaron folds his arms across his chest and looks over at me, everyone's eyes follow his.
  For a moment they are just plain shocked. They stare at me and wonder if it's just their imagination.
  "But- you died." Reid says delicately.
  "I'm right here Reid." I say. Tears come to his eyes as we embrace one another into a hug.
  "I never got to say goodbye." A tear falls down his cheek and falls to the floor.
  "You don't have to. I'm right here Spence, I'm right here." His arms wrap tight around my body. If I didn't like the feeling, I would have cried out bloody murder from lack of oxygen. The moment Reid loosens up Penelope is right by my side. Followed by the rest of the team. I don't hug Aaron, not yet. We have some things to talk about first.
  "So what's the case?" I ask.
  "There isn't one. We haven't gotten any calls today. You are welcome to enjoy the day however you please. I'll be in my office if anyone needs me." Then he's gone before saying another word. They swarm me with questions, most I can't answer. How'd you do it? Where'd you go? How did you get by? Where did you live? Did you meet anyone? And those are just the beginning. Suddenly, I feel like I am going to throw up. I quickly excuse myself and run to the bathroom. I throw up in the first stall. Before I even have time to blink, JJ is holding my hair up.
  "Are you alright?" She asks. I flush the toilet and sit on he ground.
  "I'm fine. I've just been kind of sick lately." I reply.
  "When did this start?" She sounds concerned.
  "Maybe a week ago?"
  "Em, were you seeing anyone in Paris?" I roll my eyes.
  "I'm not pregnant JJ."
  "That doesn't answer my question."
  "Yes, I was. His name was Binh. He's a doctor."
  "Than how do you know your not pregnant."
  "I took a home pregnancy test this morning JJ. I'm not pregnant."
  "Maybe we should take you to a doctor." She suggests.
  "I told you I'm not pre-"
  "I know. But that means something else is going on. People don't just throw up for a week."
  "Maybe your right. It is kind of weird." She smiles.
  "I'll take you over right now."
  "Thank you."

*******
I sit on the edge of the bed and wait for the doctor to come back. I didn't tell anyone where I was going, and JJ said to call her when I'm done. They took some blood a half hour ago and said the results were put on rush. Now I just sit and wait to see what it tells them. A very handsome dark haired doctor walks in with a chart.
  "Ms. Prentiss, when did you say this nausea started?" I shrug my shoulders.
  "About a week ago. Why?"
  "Have you ever experienced something like this before."
  "No, not for this long."
  "And you say you just came back from Paris?"
  "Yes."
  "Well Emily, we have ruled out almost all possibilities."
  "So you don't know what's wrong with me?"
  "On the contrary. Your blood work did show us something you didn't mention to me."
  "I told you everything-"
  "You're pregnant." His words hit like a ton of bricks. How could- maybe it's- no. This really would explain things.
  "I didn't tell you because I didn't know." I say calmly. Suddenly I feel like I'm going to throw up. He sees me turn pale and puts a garbage can in front of me just in time. I vomit instantly. He sits down beside me and holds my hair, rubbing my back. It calms me almost instantly. I look at him with weary eyes, he smiles.
  "My wife is 4 months pregnant. I'm used to the throwing up routine, though that should stop shortly." I sigh.
  "Well I really was hoping this didn't happen." I say. I put my head in my hands.
  "Are you considering an abortion?" He asks.
  "I don't think so. But, with what I do, it will be hard to raise a child."
  "How do you mean?"
  "I work for the FBI's behavioural analysis unit. We work as called, and travel for days, even weeks at a time. Not to mention that either of two people could be the father."
  "I'm sorry to hear that. Now, Emily I couldn't help but notice a death record on your file. Yet, you seem very much alive." I smile at his comment.
  "Long story short, I was in Paris because I was in the witness protection program. There, I met a guy named Binh. He could be he father, or it could be my boss, Aaron. Who I was with before, and during my time in Paris."
  "I am assuming you are no longer together. With either man?" I nod.
  "One proposed, and one crushed my heart."
  "Emily, is it alright if I do an ultrasound?Just to see how far along into your pregnancy you are. It could give you some insight on who the father may be."
  "Sure. Anything." He squirts cold gel onto my stomach and pushes a tool around, finding a heartbeat. It's soft, and light, but it's there. The doctor presses buttons on a keyboard and snaps pictures.
  "Judging by the size of the baby, I would like to think it's only about 4 weeks old." I smile. I don't know why, it doesn't help at all.
  "Would you like me to print out the pictures?" I nod. Even If this baby isn't Aaron's he should still know it could be. It will lead to a showdown of screaming and yelling, but he should know. He hands me the pictures and points to the spot where the baby is forming.
  "Have I shed some light on the father situation?" I shake my head.
  "I'm sure your fiancée will understand."
  "I'm not engaged."
  "I'm sorry I thought you said-"
  "I did. And I accepted. But I left. Not just him, but Paris all together. I should never have come back here. Not for Derek, or Aaron, or anyone."
  "Things get better in time. Trust me. Things will work out however they're supposed to." I nod.
  "Thank you Dr. Patel." He nods.
  "I'll see you back in a few weeks?"
  "It's a date."
  I shove the pictures into my purse and call JJ. She arrives in mere minutes. "How'd it go?"
  "I found out something I didn't know."
  "What?"
  "JJ, take me back to the office."
  "Why? What's up with you?"
  "I'll tell you tonight. I don't want to talk about it right now."
  "Okay. Fine, but you'd better tell me."
  "I promise."

******* inside the BAU*******

I knock gently. "Come in." I push the door open and he seems surprised to see me.
  "Prentiss, what are you doing here?" He asks.
  "Can we talk?"
  "I'm kind of busy."
  "Aaron, it's important." I demand.
  "And so is my job."
  "Aaron Hotchner." I say sternly.
  "Close the door." He urges. I do, I close the blinds, lock the door, and stand against his desk.
  "I've kept something from you." I say.
  "As have I."
  "There was this guy in Paris-"
  "You don't need to paint the picture. I know you cheated on me." A feeling of guilt washes over me.
  "I'm sorry Aaron, but sorry doesn't make it alright."
  "It does when I did the same thing." Anger bubbles inside me, and I nearly explode. But he's right
  "Aaron there's something else. Something I only found out about a few minutes ago." I forage my purse for the pictures. I place them on his desk. He stares at them for a moment before he looks up at me.
  "I'm pregnant."