Chapter 8: Eight Years And A 'Bullshit' Goodbye (Edited)

"What the hell are these?" He demands, pulling the pictures out of my purse.

"None of your business that's what they are." I say as I snatch them out of his hands.

" Prentiss, are you pregnant?" He demands and I feel tears come to my eyes.

"I never should have left Paris." I cry into my hands. I fall back, and luckily the couch is there to catch me. He sits down beside me. At first he doesn't say anything, or do anything. He's there, but it feels like he's miles away. He sits on the complete opposite side of the couch. I sit alone for a few minutes. Then he comes beside me and wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me into his side.

"Don't cry Prentiss." He says. His voice calm, but scattered. I can't help but sob louder. More tears fall hot down my cheeks and onto my lap.

"You aren't alone, okay? Does Hotch know?" Derek runs his fingers up and down my side.

"Yeah, I told him as soon as I found out." I wipe the tears from my face, which is red and hot.

"When did you find out?" I can tell he's not pressuring me, he's just interested.

"3 days ago." He frowns angrily.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't even know if I'm going to stay." I admit.

"What do you mean you don't know if you're going to stay?" He suddenly sounds angry.

"Exactly that."

"Where else would you go? We're your family Emily. We can help you." He insists. He brings me into his chest and I wrap my arms around him.

"Back to Paris. I had a life there too."

"You wouldn't deny Hotch to see his child."

"I don't think this baby is his." I spit. I stand suddenly and walk to the doorway.

"Does this have anything to do with that other guy you were seeing?"

"He has a name. And yes, it has everything to do with Binh. I never should have left him." I put my hand to my forehead and move the hair out of my face. I place the other in my back pocket.

"Prentiss-" I cut him off.

"He asked me to marry him Derek."

"I'm sorry, what?" He is shocked by my words.

"Before I left, he proposed." I admit.

"Well what did you say?" His voice is no longer full of curiosity, or demand, but is now full of annoyance and jealousy. His cheeks turn slightly pink, and he reaches out for me.

"I didn't. I just got up and left. Got my stuff, and off we went. I love my life here Derek, I really do. I love you, and the team, but I just don't think I belong here any more." My voice is shaky. Uncertain. Strained.

"You belong here just as much as the rest of us do." He retorts. He reaches for my hand, I quickly move away.

"Emily, come here." He reaches for my waist but I push him off of me.

"Derek stop! Just stop okay? I'm not staying here. Let me go." I grab my purse and slip my coat on within a matter of seconds. My combat boots are on just as quickly.

"Prentiss, please just stop for a second!" He grabs my arm tightly. He squeezes my elbow and it hurts.

"Derek, you're hurting me." I say. He loosens his grip.