teach me how to decorate

KARL JACOBS

"CHAT I NEED YOUR OPINION"

🍊  ˖ ˖ ۪۪݁  ‧₊ .

"Beautiful,    beautiful,    beautiful,    beautiful boy..."

My hips swayed to the soft hum of John Lennon, the ringing of the record filled the almost empty  shop. I continued to work with the soft dough, mindlessly running fingers over the cold flour that covered most of my clothing.
This was how I had spent most of my days, in the small cafe that I had inherited from one of the sweetest women in the entire world. Kate was her name, a tall, skinny brunette woman with the sweetest smile you've ever seen... she had raised me from the moment my parents couldn't, and I loved her for that. It had been just about a  year since her passing, and since the day that i accepted this cafe, but it felt like just a week. Every day had been the same since then, and if I had to be honest, I desperately missed seeing new faces more than anything in the world.

I had been brought out of my thought by the soft "ding" which indicated that someone had just entered. I turned, rubbing my hands on the light green apron that hung on my body.

"Good Morning! What can i get for you today" As I finally looked up, I came face to face with a pair of beautiful, but unfamiliar teal eyes. He smiled at me softly, and as ridiculous as it was, I blushed, looking down at the register below me.

"Good Morning Beautiful" He smiled gently again, then looked at what seemed to be a list on his phone.

"Can i have 3 Iced Coffees, 2 Americanos,  A Vanilia Rose Latte, 2 chocolate scones, a croissant, and one of whatever your favorite drink is"
He looked up at me as he spoke the last words, grinning.

I typed in his order, then turned the screen to him so he could pay. As he took out his wallet and read his order over again on the screen, I grabbed his 7 cups and began marking all of the drinks.

"Your total is $25.40, May I get a name for the order, love?"

"Karl... with a K"  he added shyly.

"Perfect, I'll have everything together in about 10 minutes, Karl"

I smiled up at him, liking the way his name sounded on my tongue.

From the corner of my eye I could see him looking around the cafe in awe. I had to admit that I was proud of what it had become. The walls were the perfect shade of sage, and the grey concrete floor had beautiful salmon colored fluffy carpets that complemented the colors perfectly. There were many dark Sage colored chairs and couches all throughout the shop, and small tables perfectly placed all around the room. Laced throughout the cafe were plants of every color and shape, their leaves wrapped around the rafters of the building. There were pretty vases and lamps everywhere, and to top it off, a few of my art pieces hung from the walls. I loved it more than anything else, and in reality the shop really was a spitting image of me and my personality if i were.. Well, a cafe.