I can't disappoint them

DREAM

"stop putting Dreams feelings before your own"

🍊 ˖⋆࿐ ໋₊ ˖ ۪۪݁ ଘ ‧₊ ⋆ . ⋆

Cw. slight angst

"Clay? Can we head to bed now?"
I whined out softly, without even realizing.

I had been sitting with clay for the last 3 hours, watching him continuously attempt to perfect a move for the next mcc. I loved clay and his competitive personality, but it was a known fact that the poor boy overworked himself. Every single game he felt the need to learn a new move to keep his fans happy, and it became overwhelming for him, whether he wanted to admit it or not.

"Y/N i need to get this right.."
He mumbled to me. It was now well past 2 am, and my body was begging me to lay down.

"Clay, the last one you did was perfect, and you could work on it tomorrow love.. Just come on clay, you're being too hard on yourself..."

His hands suddenly slammed onto his desk.
"Stop saying that to me Y/N! I have to do this, and you know that. I can't disappoint them."

I gasped, flinching slightly at his outburst.
As much as i didnt wanna want to admit it, I was hurt. I cared more about Clay than anyone else in my entire life. And as much as i cared about Clay, i cared about Dream. His online persona was like my second love, and as ridiculous as it was, I often joked that I was in a relationship with both of them. I knew that Clay found it hard to believe that anyone else could care for him, it was one of the downsides to his competitive being, but I tried my hardest, and that's just about all I could do.

"Sorry"
I spoke to him softly, and stood up, walking out of the dark gaming room and up the stairs to our shared bedroom. I quickly got ready for bed, not wanting to deal with him once he came up. When I was done, i layed down, pulled the sheets up to my chin, and tried my hardest to fall asleep.

I tossed and turned, for what felt like hours before the door of the room creaked open, and light from the hall filled the room.

"Y/N?"

I didn't answer, but rather froze in the uncomfortable position that i was in. an argument was the last thing that i needed right now.
He sighed loudly, and walked to my side of the bed, sitting near my legs.

"I know you're not sleeping... i just wanna apologize, i know you were just trying to help but i just... i don't know."

It was odd seeing him like this. Dream always had something to say, and now suddenly, he was silent.

"I just wish you knew how much I care about you."
I spoke just barely above a whisper, and to be honest i was hoping that he couldn't hear me.

"I know baby, i know, i just get so overwhelmed an-"
His voice cracked and I sat up instantly, leaning forward to wrap my arms around him. He laid his head on my chest and let the tears run down his face. I held him in my arms tightly, rocking us softly. We stayed like this for a while, just sitting in each other's company. I was content, and I knew that as his breathing slowed and his body softened, he was too.

"You're doing the best that you can, Clay, and I'm proud of you. Dream is important, but he will never be as important as you, love. You need to stop putting Dreams feelings before your own."

"I just want my fans to be happy"

"They're happy if you're happy Clay, and they love everything that you do, even if it's not up to your standards... you just need to realize how loved you are"

He sighed, leaning more into me. His body heat on mine was overwhelming in the most comforting way, and in this moment I seemed to remember every little reason why I fell in love with this boy.

THE AUTHOR SPEAKS :
:( remember that the CC are humans too, and they get overwhelmed and sad and they need love like everyone else!

╰─── →˚₊·  I WILL BE TAKING REQUESTS,
SO FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME OR COMMENT

thanks for reading babe!!
hope you enjoy <3

❲ : ¨ ·.· ¨ : ⋆
' · . · '

ꜜ ꜜ
remember that ur loved !!

ꜜ ꜜ remember that ur loved !!

﹟ @DUMBGOGY 2020 ❜ !*. 🫐 ˚⁺. 𖦹