Part 12

*EDITED*

After few days, Ragini called Arnav. She spoke softly. Arnav was confused. She is not the type to talk softly but always the crazy girl.

Arnav: What happened?

Ragini started to shed tears and said in between her sobs.

Ragini: My parents have fixed my marriage.

Arnav: But you know that they are already searching for a good alliance. So, why are you crying?

Ragini: It was not a problem for me but now I am afraid.

Arnav laughed at her crazy talks. How could she be serious.

Ragini: Why are you crying?

Arnav: I am laughing that you are never ever serious.

Ragini cut the phone call and was waiting for him to call back but he didn’t. She herself called him again

Ragini: My marriage is fixed in two weeks. So, come. I won’t send you an invitation.

Arnav: Then I won’t come.

Ragini: Let’s see. Even Kushi is coming. No, problem. You don’t need to come

Arnav: Just send me the address, I don’t want your invitation.

Ragu: I won’t say the address too. Bye.

She blocked his number, this time in both WhatsApp and normal call. But he had many other social media to disturb his friend. Somehow Arnav managed to change her mindset. Ragini had called most of her college friends.

On the other side, it became daily routine to do the fake romance in front of Shaina but Kushi had a doubt why he is acting when Shaina is not there. When she asked him the reason, he forbid to say the actual reason but saying that he thought Shaina was present.

Thinking of Ragu’s marriage, he recalled his moments when he talks to Kushi about the general marriage. He felt a pain in him with the thought that she won’t be his’ anyway. He had made dreams with her but all were only just a dream. He recalled when Ragu said about Kushi’s dream boy - ‘caring one’, ‘loving one’ and … That’s all Kushi had dreamt about her future husband. Such a simple dream.

Each single day, Arnav gave his heart to Kushi. If he had infinite hearts, only Kushi has the rights to take away all of his HEARTS. Her character is a most genuine one. They had grown a beautiful friendship between them which they lost after their college days. He found Kushi wearing the blue earring often. Could this be a sign of love? Nah! She was free with him, free to share anything and free to ride on his bike, which she didn’t do in her college days. He was reliving all these moments which he lived once in his dreams. All thanks to that butterfly effect.

Helen has somewhat a doubt on these two, are they faking or is it a real bonding? And Shaina was frustrated with Arnav and Helen. Whenever Shaina would be around Kushi, she would call Arnav and talk lovingly, faking her love for him but it was hard for Arnav. Kushi would understand him and say sorry immediately the next second, Shaina goes put in frustration. Arnav’s anger rises whenever Helen comes into his cabin. He would say Helen to call Kushi which irritates. One day,

Arnav: Okay Miss Helen. Tell Kushi to come to my cabin.

Helen: Sir, tell me what to convey, I will convey it to her.

Arnav: I can’t say these feelings to her but only to say it directly with her.

That’s it, it was high, Helen’s anger was. He has gone too much. She won’t leave that Kushi. She went to Kushi who was sitting exhausted.

Helen: Kushi
She shouted

Kushi: It’s mam for you.

Helen: How dare you?

She literally dragged her to Arnav’s cabin and stood there calmly.

Helen: If you truly love him, say those words

Arnav was shocked, he didn’t expect her to react this way. Did he go over-board this time?

Arnav: Miss Helen, what are you doing?

Helen: You are asking me? What are you guys doing?

Kushi: What happened Arnav?

Helen: Arnav? It’s office, MAM. You should call him Sir.

Arnav: Stop, will you?

Helen: Prove me that you guys are in a relationship.

Kushi: What? Why do we have to prove you and how do you know?

Arnav: Kushi, wait. Miss Helen, tell me a way to prove my love.

Kushi: You too? But why?

Arnav: Kushi, just wait

Helen: If you are truly in a relationship, let the world know. Tell the office that you guys are in a relationship.

Arnav: Are you a fool? I just gave you a chance to prove my love to your which I don’t want but you are disgusting. I don’t want to prove my relationship in this way. And now, I don’t have anything to prove you, get lost.

Helen: Mind you, this is my off…

Arnav: What will you do? Do anything you want I don’t care.

Helen: I will see how you are both together.

Helen rushed out of the cabin making Arnav sigh in relief.

Kushi: What is the problem?

Arnav: She is the sister of Shaina.

Kushi was in shock, it took minutes to register his words. She didn’t expect this but why is she worrying about that

Kushi: So?

Arnav: She is sup… supporting her sister so that we both have to be separated.

Kushi was shocked why Helen was behaving in the place of her sister.

Kushi: But it has to be Shaina who should get angry and why her?

Arnav: Maybe she loves her sister.

Arnav didn’t want Kushi to know that Helen is obsessed with him. He himself didn’t know why. Kushi was broken. Why she has to endure so much? That evening Kushi was waiting for him in the parking as it was her routine to go on his bike. unlike the other days, Kushi was silent.

Arnav: Kushi, why are you sad?

Kushi: I don’t know why all these problems keep on coming to me.

Arnav: Hey, it’s not a big deal. After your marriage, you will not get any of these.

Kushi: It’s not about that, I don’t want any of these. I wanted a peaceful environment. I wanted to enjoy my life till my marriage. Anyone can bear these problems but not me. I am very sensitive in this matter and you know that.

Arnav kept mum hearing her confession. He wanted to divert her mind.

Arnav: Leave that, Kushi. Did you know anything about Ragu?

Kushi: Ragu?

Arnav: Ragini. College friend and your hostel mate.

Kushi: Haan yes, what about her? You are still in contact with her?

Arnav(mind): Kushi didn’t know? Ragini lied?

Kushi: What about Ragu?

Arnav didn’t want to lie.

Arnav: Ragini is going to get married in two weeks.

Kushi: What! She didn’t invite me! I can’t believe she is going to get married.

Arnav: No, she said she will.
Arnav managed as she doesn’t know whether she would invite her or not.

Kushi: I am definitely going to give a smack when I meet her. I am going to my hometown this weekend. I will see to her.

Arnav smiled sheepishly as he knew what will Ragini do when she gets to know what had he done. But now the fate was on his side, Kushi got a message from an unknown number.

Kushi opened and saw an e-invitation. Kushi smiled and Arnav saw that and asked her what’s the matter.

Kushi: Ragu is saved from me. She has sent me the invitation.

Arnav: What? But she didn’t send me one.

Kushi: But then how did you know?

Arnav: We almost had a fight and she said she won’t sent me an invitation.

Kushi laughed: You guys are in contact after the college too?

Arnav: Yes, yes.

Kushi (fake): Good to hear.

A slight tinge of jealousy hit her heart unknown to her. Jealous on going-to-be-married girl?

Arnav: Kushi, send me the invitation and I will see to her.

Arnav was smirking as now Ragu would be upset when he got the invitation. While seeing all these emotions and reactions on his face, definitely Kushi’s anger rose and she fisted her hand which Arnav shouted ‘ouch’.

Arnav: Hey what are you doing?

Kushi: Am sorry, I... I was lost somewhere.

Arnav: Okay fine. I wanted to ask you something

Kushi: Yeah sure.

Arnav: Can we travel to your hometown together? Because I don’t know th…

Kushi: Not a problem, then I will cancel this weekend’s plan and we will go through train. I will book the ticket and let you know.

Arnav: Thank you

Kushi: You have helped me so much; can’t I do for you this much?

Arnav smiled and went and Kushi looked at Arnav. He looked so cute when he smiled at her reply.

For some reason, Kushi was happy to travel with him. No disturbance, no Shaina and no Helen. But why Helen?

Kushi went inside and went towards Shaina’s room.

Shaina: Hey darling, you came

Shaina went and hugged her sensuously which she felt uncomfortable.

Kushi: Is Helen your sister?

Shaina stiffened at her question but replied calmly.

Shaina: Finally, you know everything and yes, we are sisters, we are the daughters of our company’s CEO, and I love you and Helen loves Arnav sir and we are plotting against you both. Happy now what will you do? Are you going to complain or what? Do anything and no one can be against us. I will get you by hook or crook.

Kushi simply went to her room and shut her door. She took her phone and looked at Arnav’s profile.

Kushi (Tears in her eyes): How can you lie to me?

***SMASH THE VOTE BUTTON***

To be continued…
--------------------------------------------------------
DATED: 04-12-2020
Yours,
Lily.