Normality

Normality, the state of being normal or usual. When you think of a normal person, you'd probably think of a human that is either male or female. The average height and weight for a certain age. Perfect facial features. Perfect mental health. Perfect everything.

This is what most people think, or at least what comes to mind at first.

To be blunt, if you believe in this way of thinking, you're far from the truth.

Look at Izuku Midoriya, he was abused by his parents and bullied by his best friend- Katsuki Bakugou for the majority of his childhood.

The reason? He was presumably quirkless. Apart of the 20% of the human population who was gifted without one.

Many people who knew him claimed that he was mentally unstable.

Why? From all the abuse from his horrid parents, he became touch starved. His mother or father would only touch him if it's through anger. He would savour any contact he was given by others. No care, no love, no hope, nothing.

Of course, no one knows this part of the story, they only see a damaged teen with dark bags under his eyes, scars and bruises. And if they did, they wouldn't do anything about it. Because he's 'quirkless'.

Izuku would always seek comfort from anyone, making him seem like he's a creep. Like the one time in his first year of junior high, he was walking down the halls to his locker and found awful illustrations of himself covering the metal. A group of girls were walking past and saw this. One of the girls stayed behind and tried to touch him on his shoulder. Once she did, he flinched and grabbed the girl's arm and pulled her into a hug.

Everyone who was in the halls stood idly watching, the girl pushed him to the ground and yelled at him for touching her with quirkless germs. Ever since that day, no one touched him or went near him because they feared the infamous, quirkless germs.

That was one of the incidents of many more.

The sad part is that he wasn't officially diagnosed quirkless by the government. No one saw him using it so everyone thought he was quirkless.

That train of thought ended in his second year of junior high. In his last class, he was told by Bakugou to meet him in the school courtyard for his weekly beating. Izuku quickly agreed because he knew he would get worse of punishment by his parents if he didn't go. His childhood friend would tell his parents that he 'ran' away. So Izuku went to the field and found Bakugou and his followers powering up their quirks at the sight of him.

Long story short, Izuku was so severely hurt that some of his ribs were almost cracked and he coughed up red blood. One of the followers grab him by the chin and pulled him up to punch him.

Some of Izuku's blood decorated the boy's hand and he ended up swiping the blood onto his mouth and swallowing it.

In seconds the boy's hand gigantification quirk disappeared. Quickly, Bakugou put one and two together and to his surprise, Izuku could erase quirks with his own blood.

Bakugou reported it to the police and word of Izuku's quirk spread across Japan. Informing the possibility that their quirk could be annihilated by his blood.

Izuku's parents left him behind and they moved to the USA because they feared his quirk. They told him to fend for himself. This caused him to live off scraps and take any money he could find on the ground. It was a miracle that he was not kicked out of the apartment building.

Izuku was sought out by the Shie Hassaikai more specifically Kai Chisaki and Hari Kurono.

Izuku was kidnapped by Overhaul and brought to the compound.