Please

"Come on, it would be good for you!" 

Evan sighed, focusing on the air entering and exiting his lungs, focusing on the small specks of dust floating around his room, visible only in sun streaming through the window, focusing on the slightly off center pictures hung up on the wall, focusing on anything but the current situation.    

"Evan! Let me in, please!" his mother pleaded. She hadn't left the other side of his door for the last hour.  

Knocking. 

Knocking. 

More knocking.  

A relatively plain Saturday afternoon had deformed into an argument that now had him sitting on his bed, head in his hands, listening to his mother continue to push for him to get out into the world. She had suggested he sign up for a theatre class, and Evan had immediately knocked the idea away. There was no way he could handle it. Barely being able to function in a one on one conversation, Evan didn't doubt for a second there was no possibility of him getting up on a stage. Ever.  

Knocking. 

Knocking. 

More knocking. 

"FINE, I'LL DO IT! JUST STOP KNOCKING ON THE DAMN DOOR!" he shouted, curling himself into a ball. Evan really didn't want to do it, thought there was no way he ever could, but there were so few things he saw that put a smile on his mother's face. He could at least do this for her. 

"I love you..." Her voice was small, weak. 

"I love you too." Evan responded, just as broken and defeated, a single tear sliding down his face. 

A/N: Sorry this was so short heh.... I promise the others will be longer ;-;