☁️Chapter 24: Silent Nights part 1💧

Location: Café Noona
Time: 7:00pm
Day: Wednesday
••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••
I was closing the Café and I always close late on Wednesdays because I had to stay longer to do paperwork, it's also the day that I always walk home. I was sitting at one of the tables as I was writing down ideas and brainstorming new recipes to go hunt for some exotic culinary finds. That's when I felt his aura, Kuraprika's aura which didn't surprise me because he'd always watched over me on Wednesday nights. He's on a mission right now  so that means he's fully concentrated which means he doesn't engage with me. He doesn't know that I know he takes a break from his missions on Wednesday nights to make sure I get home safe, you see it doesn't matter how much zetsu he uses to mask his presence I always know when he's around. Normally I would act like he's not there and I don't notice him but I'm feeling a little selfish and I need to speak with him. "Kuraprika!" I shouted. It was still dead silent after that "Kuraprika I know you're there! The jigg is up!" Finally I see him emerge from the shadows as he walked into the Café looking defeated.

"How did you know I was here? I used my zetsu?" He questioned as he sat down at the table with me.

"Because I know your presence and I know your aura down to a T." I explained. He just sighed and sat there contently and fiddled with one of my pens. "Have you ate yet?" I asked.

"Yes." He replied back.

"Hmmm are you sure? You better not me lying tell me the truth."

"I had an apple." Kuraprika said.

"Just an Apple! You need more than that let me fix you something." I went to the kitchen to heat him up some left over hearty vegetable soup so he could have energy to complete whatever he was trying to accomplish. I was a little peeved that he wasn't eating as much as he needed to be and frankly sad because I don't like seeing him like that.

"Here you go Pika." I said as I set the bowl of soup in front of him. "Please eat." He did just that as he sat quietly and started to eat every last ounce of soup in the bowl. I could tell he was upset, something was off and I needed to know why, he looks so expressionless and drained. "Kuraprika what's wrong?"

"I'm fine." He said sternly as his head rested in his palm.

"Please be honest with me... remember our promises to each other?" I reminded him.

"Really I'm fine, thank you for the soup but I must get going. Come on let's go I'm walking you home." Kuraprika urged.

"No. I will not leave this Café until you admit what's bothering you." I said as I crossed my arms.

"(y/n) you're starting to upset me and I told you I'm fine so let's go." Kuraprika urged more.

"Hmph... that's not the answer I was looking for." I said as I turned my face away and closed my eyes.

"Please I'm not in the mood, I'm only going to say this one more time. Let's go." He said sternly.

"You really don't seem to get it because I told you that-"

I was immediately cut off by Kuraprika, "Get up right now before I drag you out!" He yelled as his eyes turned scarlet. I was taken back by his reaction but I was the least bit scared because I knew he wouldn't hurt me physically, but it might make him distance himself away from me more. So I got up from my seat but not to leave but to comfort Kuraprika as I straddled myself on his lap and pulled him into my chest to hug me. "Why are you so self destructive?" I asked calmly. He didn't say anything he just slowly hugged me back as I felt his arms wrap around me. Kuraprika didn't need to tell me how he feels, I felt it all in his hug and his aura as agony, pain, and violence was all I got from him.

I cuffed his cheeks so I could look at him, "I miss you." I admitted as I kissed his forehead.

"I need you." I confessed as I kissed his left cheek.

"I want you." I revealed as I kissed his right cheek.

"And I love you." I declared as I kissed his lips. I felt a single tear run down his cheek as he squeezed me tighter signaling that he would never let me go.

"I love you to." He said. I knew he needed me in this moment as he bottled up his emotions and could finally release them to me.

"Kuraprika how do you feel?"

"In this moment, content." He replied back.

"I wished you were like that all the time."

"Not until I avenge my clan, I will do whatever it takes and I hope that drive never goes away."

"Don't say that! Isn't you being alive enough? Pika you are a survivor, you are living proof of your clan."

"And the Phantom Troupe is living proof of the treachery they've committed to my home. And for that they will pay with their lives."

"Did killing Uvogin make you happy?" I asked.

"No but I was satisfied in that moment." Kuraprika answered.

"Exactly like you said in that moment, but can't you be satisfied forever... with me?" I questioned.

"Why are you asking me this I thought you understood, I thought I made it clear to you that I wanted to avenge my clan. I thought you were okay with it, have you changed your mind?" He debriefed.

"Truthfully I was never fully okay but I was willing to stay because I care about you and I will never give up on you."

It got quiet as I still sat on his lap hugging him, something tells me that after this things will never be the same again. I needed to break the silence, "You can walk me home now."

I closed up the Café and walked home with Kuraprika as the previous tension from the fight still lingers between us, as we only walk in silence. It was cold as I was wearing a t-shirt with no jacket on hand, I was shivering as goosebumps form on my skin. Kuraprika took notice as he paused to take his jacket off from his suit and put it on me. "Thank you." Kuraprika nodded and grabbed my hand as we continued walking.
••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Authors Note
Thank you for reading!👾See ya, bye.🕺
Instagram & TikTok: CaptainSoupie
Now for the song recommendation.