chapter 28

we get out of the car, cat in hands and walk to the door. we walk in and his mom looks at us then...the cat, "nicholas did you get a cat?" she asks. "maybe" he says looking down, "it's adorable, can i hold it?" his dad intervenes. "yeah you can" i say giving his dad the cat, "honey we have to keep it look at it" he says petting it. "okay fine but is it a girl or boy?" his mom says, "it's a girl and i named it mochi" i say excited that they accepted a cat. "okay fine it cute so we can keep it, hi mochi" his mom speaks to us then the cat. "we are gonna go up stairs, we will leave the cat so she can get used to you" nick says grabbing my hand to his bedroom. we get into his room and we both sigh, "i can't believe it was that easy, last time i asked her for a cat she shut me down so hard" nick says. "i told you i'm just the charm" i say winking, "oh shut up" he says going to tackle me on his bed. i start laughing at how stupid he's being, "i say we take a 4 hour nap then we go and get mcdonald's at midnight" he says. "yeah because after that like 1 hour drive with the cat back to the house was something" i say laying down beside him. we snuggle up and decide to take a nap, "hey nick?" i say. "yes?" he asks, "will we be something one day?" i ask. "yes we will, just not today" he says putting his arm around my waist. and with that i go to sleep.

                                       (time skip)

i wake up in nicks arms, god have i missed this feeling. i pick up my phone from the night stand and it reads. 1:27 am, sounds like we wanted it to. "hey nicky it one am" i say brushing his hair out his face, "okay, but let's just lay here for a minute" he says. "okay" i say snuggling into his chest, i can't wait to finally call him mine. after about 7 minutes he sits up. "want to go to get food?" he asks me, "of course" i say looking at him. we get up and while he goes to the bathroom i put on my shoes, so we are ready when he's done. "okay i'm ready to go" he says walking back in, "let's go then!" i say grabbing his hand. he grabs mine back. he gets his keys and phone, and we walk downstairs. he opens the front door for me, "well thank you sappy nappy" i say making fun of the nicknames his fandom gives him. "oh jeez y/n" he says laughing, "your fandom is very creative" i say getting into his car. "i know it's crazy how creative they are sometimes" he says starting the car and driving. i take the aux cord and play "line without a hook" by ricky montgomery . "was it something i said to make you feel like a burden?" nick sang with me, his singing just makes me so comfortable. it's hard to explain but it feels safe. after about 8 more songs we pull into the 24/7 mcdonald's, "what do you want?" nick asks me. "oh just the chicken nugget meal with a sprite please" i say, he orders mine then he orders his. we pull up and he pays, "i wanted to pay" i say pouting. "nope i pay" he says, "but i wanted to pay!" i say still pouting how he almost always gets to pay. "stop pouting it's free food!" he says grabbing my hand, "okay that's true so i will" i say playing with his rings. we get our food and we got into a walmart parking lot and eat, "this is actually really nice" i say. "i know right" he says eating a fry, i start eating my chicken nuggets and notice at what is happening right now. this is what i have always wanted. this.

(a/n i am so sorry!!! i haven't posted in like a week and a half. just with christmas and school has been chaotic, i will try to get more out sooner!! again i'm sorry!!)

word count: 728