Chapter 5

"Why would you do that?" said Angelina in distraught.

"What? What's wrong?"

"I mean you don't even know him that well, and everyone already talks about you two"

"Is this about Fred? I didn't mean to upset you; we were just messing around"

"You know what forget it, you've done enough!"

Angelina stormed out of the room, leaving me with the sense of guilt I knew I shouldn't have.

I was ginger for a week and all Weasleys were thrilled to have me on their side. Ginny promised to never spike my drinks again but still tried to persuade me to change my hair color. However, I missed my natural dirty blond, which came back to me after a week. Hermione came up to me one day for a boy advice because well she only had Harry and Ron and they were useless. I was shocked that she was going out with Krum but she didn't want to make it public. I helped her and she decided to introduce me to some of Krum's friends from Durmstarng. I was glad to meet new people and to get some space from Angelina, who started to mock me right in front of everyone each time she had a chance.

I was on my way to Hagrid's when someone jumped from the tree and started to walk beside me.

"In a hurry, princess?" said a blonde-haired boy with a grin on his face and a green apple in his hand.

"Um well not really, I like to take my time"

"Good, I'm Draco"

"Hi Draco, I'm Y/n"

I tried to shake his hand, but instead, he kissed my fingers holding them in his palm. That was impressive, but a little bit funny; although I didn't laugh, he looked too intense to laugh with. He walked me to Hagrid's and we talked. He asked me if both of my parents were wizards, and they were, but it threw me off. Why does that matter? He left as soon as we entered the Hagrid's territory. Weird.

Later that day I was sitting in the Great Hall with everyone, eating dinner, and this little Slytherin boy run up to me and handed me a note. I didn't get to say anything to him because he ran away as soon as the note touched my fingers.

"I didn't know you prefer younger guys, Y/n," said Fred bursting with laughter, but still curious about the note.

"Much younger" added George.

"Ha-ha," all I said making a face to them.

I opened a note and it said:

"Are you coming to Hogsmeade this Sunday? – Draco"

That was one way to ask me.

I was puzzled but how am I supposed to answer now that the boy had run away.

I started to look around for Draco, I noticed him sitting at the Slytherin table and looking at me. Just when our eyes met, I quickly nodded and he slightly nodded back to show me he understood.

"What is it? Who are you looking at?" asked Fred, looking around.

I suspected they would judge me for being so nice to Draco, so I intended to keep this a secret.

"It's from Draco," said Angelina, peeping into the note. I should be more careful around her.

I hid the note quickly so she wouldn't see the rest of it.

"Draco? Are you kidding? Since when you two pass notes to each other?" said Fred.

"Please don't make a big deal out of it, it's just a note"

"You should be extra careful around him; in case you didn't know his father was a Death Eater," said Fred.

"...and an asshole" added George.

"I am careful"

Even though I understood that they were just trying to protect me, I didn't want to be told what to do and who to talk to.