Chapter 6

By Sunday I completely forgot about Draco and he didn't say anything during the week at all. However, I didn't forget about Angelina exposing me, so I distanced myself, and went to Hogsmeade with Ginny and Hermione. After living with them for some time, I really got used to them. Although Hermione ditched us soon enough for Ron and Harry; Ginny told me stories about her family trip to Egypt last year and about her older brothers Charlie and Bill. It all sounded so exciting to have such a big warm family. She also told me how she had a crush on Harry two years ago.

"I know it's silly, but I'm kind of over it now"

"Oh, it's not silly, Ginny. After all, he is the Chosen One" I said the last part in a very dramatic voice.

She kicked my arm with her elbow and we started to laugh and didn't even notice how Draco approached us.

"Hello, can I talk to you... alone?"

I noticed some tension between him and Ginny.

"Sure, I'll go find Hermione in the meantime," said Ginny.

"Are you sure Ginny?" I said.

"Yeah, yeah, it's fine."

Draco and I were walking around and talking for a while, we got to the Shrieking Shack, away from the crowds of students. With no one around he was more himself, and that eased the tension.

"So Y/n, you know there is this Yule Ball?"

"Yeah, I heard about it,"

"Would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?"

"I..."

I didn't get a chance to say that I don't know because we heard some laughs behind the trees and Fred, George, Lee, and Angelina emerged right out of nowhere. The last thing I wanted and the only one I feared would happen.

"... and then he says 'detention, both of you'," said Fred to his friends, mimicking Snape's voice.

Then they noticed us too. Silence fell in the area, and I could hear Fred's blood boiling inside him.

"Oh hey Y/n!" said Lee, as everyone else was just too shocked to say anything.

I knew being with Draco on my own was the last thing from being careful.

Fred didn't look too happy about the whole thing and anything could happen.