Chapter 7

"What are you guys doing here?" I said cheerfully like nothing's happening

I knew that the best defense was a good offense, so I asked the one question I wouldn't have an answer to.

"Oh, Fred was just telling us how he and George got detention from Snape," said Angelina, getting closer to him, like he is her property.

"Got it,"

"I need to go; we'll finish this later," said Draco and disappeared into the woods.

I bit my lip while looking guilty at Fred.

"I would literally get you detention for forever, so you would stay away from him"

I just laughed, but he looked very serious and didn't talk to me after that at all.

A new week began and McGonagall gathered all of us in the ballroom. She was talking about how important it was to be on our best behavior because we are representing our school in front of others. Girls and boys were sitting on the separate sides of the room, and I saw twins taking zero attention to what McGonagall was saying until she made Ron dance with her. That's when they started to have fun, mimicking Ron's every move. However, everyone changed in the face when the professor made us practice altogether. I was trying to avoid eye contact with anyone because I didn't care who to dance with during the rehearsals. I was even hoping to dance with Neville so I won't feel so awkward. Everyone got up and started chatting with each other and it was a mess so McGonagall had to organize everyone.

"Now you too," she said, placing me with Fred who was right behind me so we practically bumped into each other.

We didn't talk since the Draco incident, and he looked just surprised as I was. However, now we couldn't avoid each other anymore. He took his hand in mine and put the other one on my waist, I placed my other hand on his shoulder. The unusually serious expression appeared on his face as he was looking right into my eyes like he could dive into them any moment. I lost control over my body that instant and let him lead the way. We began to dance, and I just did what his body made me do. I turned when he turned me, I stepped where he left the space for me to step like I could feel what he wanted me to do without telling me. We danced without saying any words to one another, and it felt like the world stopped. The world carried on when McGonagall said we can all be dismissed for today. We stopped but didn't let go of each other until I released my hand, and I felt like we both had just woke up from a dream.

When I was going back to the dorms, I realized I didn't want anyone else to hold me like he did. How can I go to the ball with anyone else now?