Chapter 9

Hermione and I couldn't let the past events get to us, even though I had to see Angelina's triumphant grin for the rest of the day and the day of the ball. Hermione didn't say what exactly happened with Harry and Ron, and I decided that I won't ask until she shares herself. She didn't know about Fred either, and we were just there for each other. We even forgot about everything all together when our dresses arrived, and it was time to get ready. How can you think of anything else when you put the most gorgeous dress on and look at yourself in the mirror? I helped Hermione with the make-up and hair, Ginny was practicing the dance in front of the mirror and we all felt badass. We were laughing and dancing and almost forgot that we had to go somewhere, because we already had so much fun. I was wearing a glittery lavender dress with pink flowers and green leaves on the sides of the corset.

 I was wearing a glittery lavender dress with pink flowers and green leaves on the sides of the corset

We run to the Great Hall giggling because we were almost late. Ginny met Neville, and I let Hermione step in first to have her big moment. She was always pretty; we just needed some spotlight to shine on her. I entered after, with bunch of Hufflepuffs, trying to avoid attention. I stopped for a second to see the beautiful Christmas decoration, I was so impressed I held my breath and couldn't move further.

"Trying to sneak away?" Draco whispered in my ear, grabbing my naked shoulders with his cold hands.

I jumped from surprise.

"Easy, princess, it's just me, I see you received my gift"

Draco took the neckless I wore in his cold long fingers that touches my collarbone.

"Yeah, thank you! You didn't have to, but thank you. Let's go everyone is already there."

I took his arm and we joined everyone on the dance floor. We danced for a while and even though technically he was good, the feelings were just different. I liked that he was tall and serious, but for me it felt like even though we were so close there was a vast void between us. I put my head on his shoulder while we were slow dancing, and saw Fred and Angelina dancing together. Fred looked at me at that moment and I hugged Draco a little bit more. We were looking at each other while dancing with the others. In that look I tried to tell him how stupid he was, and that he ruined everything and hurt me, and that... I wish it was him holding my hand. However, none of us had telepathic abilities so we couldn't know what the other one thought.

"Do you want to get out of here?" asked Draco.

My train of thought was interrupted by Hermione rushing out the dance floor and shouting something at Ron and Harry.

"I'm sorry, I need to take care of this, but yeah after I would like to leave, just wait for me"

I followed Hermione and saw that she began to cry on the stairs of Great Hall.

"Oh, honey"

I just sat beside her and hugged her. I was petting her head and looking at the dance floor where Angelina and Fred were still dancing.

"Stupid Weasleys" I said.

"Wait what? How did you know?"

"I had my suspicions for a while, plus I can relate" I turned my head in Fred's direction.

"Oh, yeah, I noticed there was something between you two too,"

I stayed strong for Hermione but only on the outside. I told her she should go back to the dorms so that no one else will "enjoy the show." She left and I returned to Draco.

"Everything's alright?"

"Yeah, yeah it is"

"Then we can go?"

"Yeah let's leave"

He put his hand on my lower back as we left the hall, I turned my head to see where Fred and Angelina were. Fred was looking at Draco's hand on my back and it looked like they were about to leave as well.

We were walking down the halls and I didn't even realize we weren't going towards the Gryffindor common rooms.

"Wait are we going to the Dungeons?"

"Yes, I thought we should go somewhere a little more private," said Draco.