Chapter 8

I realized I had to talk to Draco sooner than later, as the date of the Yule Ball was approaching, and he didn't get his answer yet. Everyone started to ask each other out, Ginny told me she was going with Neville and Hermione said that Krum asked her but she was waiting for someone else to ask her. We were in the same position with her, although she didn't know it yet. We were at the Great Hall doing homework and I never thought the homework hours could turn into something so dramatic.

I was sitting across Fred and George, when the same little blonde boy from before run up to me and gave me a small green box.

This time everyone knew who it was from.

I opened a box and there was a beautiful silver neckless with emerald gemstone and a note.

"See you at the ball. – D"

I should've talk to him sooner, it was a day before the ball, and I guess he assumed that if I didn't say no that means I said yes. Fred didn't ask me, which left me hopeless, but still after our dance I didn't want anyone else as my dance partner.

I didn't know how to react but others sure did.

"See you at the ball?" Lee, who was sitting next to me, read the note aloud before I could hide it, "Care to explain?"

"Well um..." I chuckled trying to defuse the tension.

"Are you serious? Him again?" said Fred.

"It's not like that just listen, I didn't..."

However, he wasn't going to listen, instead he furiously scratched something on the piece of paper and threw it at Angelina, who was sitting few seats away. Then he asked her to the ball and when she agreed, he looked at me dead in the eyes and raised his eyebrows, like it was my move now. I felt like he just shuttered me right there in front of everybody and Filch could just sweep away the pieces and throw them out. However, I couldn't show Fred that he got to me, so I put Draco's necklace on, while looking right into Fred's eyes. Then I turned to Draco and smiled, and looked back at Fred to see his reaction. He just looked at me and then looked down to his papers frowning his eyebrows. I got up and picked of my books, and gave the homework to Snape at the same time as Hermione did. She looked very upset and pissed and I felt for her.

"Stupid boys" she said.

"Agreed"

I was about to leave the Great Hall when I remembered I didn't get any answer on my Quidditch tryouts.

"Sorry Hermione, I need to get back and talk to Harry"

She nodded and left, so much for our dramatic exit.

"Hey Harry, look, you know I tried out for he Gryffindor Quidditch team? I never received an answer on that, do you know anything?"

"Er...no, actually it's quite weird, I think you were brilliant out there, but they took someone else"

"Aren't you the captain now that Oliver left?"

"No, the position remained vacant for the time being, but Angelina is the unofficial leader for now"

"Of course,"

Well, that was some more great news for the day, maybe just a bit more than I could handle.