Chapter 11

After the Yule Ball, I really thought it would be all over. I broke things off with Draco and I talked with Fred. I didn't want anyone to get hurt like I was in the last few days. I told Hermione and Ginny what happened at the Dungeons and Ginny said she would kick his ass on the field. That reminded me that I didn't make it into the team.

"What? Why? Weren't you like preparing all summer for that?" said Ginny.

"I don't know, but Harry said that Angelina is the unofficial captain for now,"

"Well this is just outrageous, she can't do that, can she?" said Hermione.

"Apparently she can"

"What a mess your life is lately, Y/n," said Hermione.

"Yeah, but it's all over now"

The events and dramas of the Yule Ball still were the number one discussion of all Hogwarts students, and some were not ashamed to give away every spicy detail.

I was walking alone back from my Potions class when I met Draco on my way. My plan was just to ignore him, but he started walking with me and that was difficult to avoid.

"I wanted to talk to you, Y/n, I know I wasn't on my best behavior, but let me make it up to you."

"Draco, there is nothing you can do."

I stopped and he cornered me to the closest wall, putting one hand on the wall behind me so I wouldn't escape.

"Well let me walk you to the Gryffindor dorms and we can talk in your room."

"I hardly think that's necessary."

"Hey, are you alright? What's going on?" said the third voice out of nowhere.

That was Fred, who was walking down the hallway, probably from his detention with Snape. He walked up to us, deciding not to ignore the scene.

"Y/n doesn't want me anymore, do you, princess?" said Draco with a great deal of bitterness in his voice.

I looked away, annoyed by him. Fred gave him a death stare; Draco put away his hand and left.

"Is he bugging you? I can go talk to him if you want to?" said Fred, when I started to head to the dorms.

"I think he got the message, now if you don't mind," I speed up to avoid going back together which was inevitable.

It hurt being around him, and I couldn't forget that he was with Angelina at the ball. That night he kept asking where I was, but who knows what happened between them that night. I guess I'll never know.

The next day brought more interesting news. Hermione came up to me at the library where I was trying to study yet unsuccessful.

"What is it Hermione, just say it"

"Harry just told me that Draco was spreading awful lies about you," said Hermione with a very concerned look.

"What? That kicked him in the balls? Oh yeah, that's totally true" I giggled, wishing I wouldn't hear about him ever again.

"That you slept with him that night at the Yule Ball!"

"Excuse him? What in Merlin? Ew, never."

"I know that you didn't, but now half of the school is discussing it, the one half that knows what that even means."

I giggled again.

"Any ideas for a good spell that could shut him up?"

"The only good thing he needs is a good punch in the face like I did last year"

"You did what?"

"I'll tell you later, now let's go and put an end to that Neanderthal!"

We rushed to the yard; Hermione looking fiercer than I was. However, by the time we got there, something was already happening and at least half of the school was already there to witness it. Maybe Ginny kicked his ass like she promised. Hermione and I tried hard to break through the crowd expecting the worst.

"Now tell everyone what really happened!" I heard a too familiar voice shouting in the center of the crowd.

"Nothing! Nothing happened! I made it all up!" I heard Draco practically crying.

We finally broke through the crowd to witness the whole scene. Fred was pushing Draco up against the tree, while Lee and George were holding Crabbe and Goyle. Blood was running down Malfoy's nose and mouth.

"That's what I thought you little coward, now go to your daddy and complain like you always do"

Fred released Draco and turned around to walk away, and everyone started to walk away as well, but then I saw Malfoy taking out his wand and aiming right at Fred's back. I took out my wand with no hesitation as fast as I could.

"Stupefy!" I shouted.

The spell got right to Draco and he fell, hitting the tree behind him. Fred looked at me with astonishment in his eyes and then looked back at Malfoy laying on the grass.

"Well done, Miss Y/l/n, and you boy, I'll teach you how to spread lies and to curse someone when their back is turned!" said Professor Moody appearing out of nowhere like he has been there the whole time.

The next thing we saw is Professor Moody turning Malfoy into a white little ferret. The scene was quite hilarious and eased everyone's mood until Professor McGonagall came around and everyone fled the scene.

"Well, that went well," I said to Hermione.

We were walking down the corridors away from the scene so that McGonagall won't give us detention. It was more Hermione's concern than mine, but she said that we know that everyone is okay so we can leave. I was still in a state of shock, so I followed her leaving Fred behind.

"Now you have to tell me everything, obviously I don't know enough to make sense of it," said Hermione.

"Guys, wait up!" shouted Ginny from the back.

"Ginny, oh gosh where were you?"

"Oh, I was there before you guys, and I saw everything"