Chapter 12

"But first you've got to tell me what happened between you and Fred, you are obviously not telling something," said Ginny.

I told her and Hermione most of the stuff that happened, how I met Draco, the note which never really invited me to the Hogsmeade, the Shrieking Shack, the stupid neckless, and how Fred thought I was going to the ball with Draco, which was not the truth. I also told them about meeting Fred after the ball and Draco trying to get me back right in front of him. When I was finally over, Ginny wasn't hurrying to tell us what she saw.

"Now it makes so much sense, Fred's been so irritated and moody lately, but you somehow managed to hide your emotions so well I couldn't put two and two together"

"Well, yeah, I just... just tell me already what happened there"

"Oh sorry. So, Draco was near that tree with Crabbe and Goyle, and Fred, George, and Lee were passing by when they heard Draco bragging about you know... They of course couldn't ignore it, and Draco started tease Fred and saying something like: 'She said it's her first time, I think she might have lied.' I am sorry, Y/n"

"Oh no, go on, I mean, in his dreams"

"Yeah right. So Fred got very angry and punched Draco in the face, and I think Draco punched him too..."

"Oh no," I jumped up from my bed.

I didn't notice anything when we were there, but it happened so quickly, I could've missed it.

"George and Lee stopped Crabbe and Goyle from helping Malfoy, which was easy considering how clumsy and stupid they are"

"Don't talk about Lee and George like that" I cracked.

"Y/n!"

"Sorry, coping mechanisms"

"And that's when you guys came in, by the way, you were amazing with that spell kicking Draco's ass, can you teach me that?"

"Yeah, me too!" said Hermione.

"Of course but try not to send Draco to the Hospital Wing right away."

All the Gryffindors gathered in the common room to discuss the fight and celebrate yet another victory over Slytherin. I run up to my room to get the potion mom gave me to heal wounds, which I thought I wouldn't use at all. When I came downstairs, everyone gathered around Fred who was sitting on the couch. When everyone saw me, they subtly made a way for me.

"Now give us some space come on guys, or I won't tell you how Crabbe almost peed his pants," said George.

Everyone's focus shifted to George and he gave me an understanding wink. I sat next to Fred bending my knee and putting my leg underneath my butt. I looked at him and saw blood on his eyebrow and lower lip, then I leaned closer to put the healing potion on his brow. He watched closely my every move, with no word.

"Does it hurt?"

"No"

"Look, thank you for standing up for me there."

"Thank you for having my back, I mean that little shit."

I laughed a little still worrying about him.

"I guess we'd make a pretty good team."

"Yeah, if there was a battle, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of your Stupefy curse"

I laughed again. Why is he the one making me feel better and not the other way around?

"Really Fred, thank you, I didn't think Malfoy would stoop so low."

"Yeah, well you shouldn't have hung out with him in the first place"

"What? Fred, you are... unbelievable"
Once again I was mad at Fred Weasley, he couldn't help but feed his ego by saying 'I told you so' after everything. I took away my fingers from his eyebrow and looked away. Before either of us could say anything, Angelina Johnson stormed into the room, throwing herself at Fred. She began to hug him and kiss him, and that's when I've had enough. I got up instantly and my first instinct was to run up to my room, but I knew well enough Hermione and Ginny would follow me. They were in the common room the whole time and paid close attention to Fred and me from afar. I didn't want to actually run out of the room because that would show that I care, and he doesn't get to see that. The room somehow felt even more packed than it was like there was nowhere to hide. I walked out as fast as I could, sliding in between the people, making it impossible to notice that I am leaving, and making it impossible to follow me.

I tried to hold my emotions for as long as I could but while I was walking, I thought of it more and more. I felt the lump in my thought and the bitter taste of hurt on my tongue. I run into the girls' toilets and hid in one of the stalls. That's where I let all my emotions out and started to cry. It was scary how much it could hurt me, and it was scary that something could hurt so bad. It felt like the feeling of sorrow would never leave me. The tears were running down my cheeks as I closed my mouth with my palm. I didn't want anyone to hear me not even myself. If I would hear myself it will only cause me to cry more. However, sooner or later I had to let it all out, otherwise, it would come back to haunt me. So, I put my hand down expecting I would sob, but I let out a gasp and a deep breath and that was it. It was over and I was over. I felt a great sense of relief, I realized I don't have to hide anymore, so I left the stall and washed my face. It was almost not red, refusing to show any signs of feelings just like me. I didn't come back until late at night, to avoid everyone. I visited Hagrid who helped me to forget about everything and disappear from all Hogwarts drama. Hagrid tried to cheer me up and told stories about his dragon he had a few years ago, and it worked. Until I left and was alone with my own thoughts again.

I came back late to the Gryffindor dorms and went to bed. Just when I thought I was falling asleep someone grabbed both of my shoulders and shook them till I woke up.

"Good God, better be a good one," I said.

"Well, it depends on how you perceive good..." said Ginny, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Ginny, what happened?"

"I... um actually... oh god ... I am in so much trouble... there's this potion ... so I was wondering... and then boom and ... oh my god I'll get detention for the rest of my life!"

"Am I still dreaming? Because I cannot make any sense of what you're saying"

"Let's go, you've got to help me, I'll tell you on the way"

We hurried out of the Gryffindor commons and Ginny led the way, it was so dark, and my eyes refused to fully open, so I only saw a gleam of blue light coming from Ginny's wand. She whispered something about Snape and potion and glass, but it was still unclear what the problem was and how I could fix it. However, I knew that if Ginny needed me, I'll be there for her. Many corridors and stairs later we stopped, and she knocked on the tiny door in the narrow corridor. I was wondering why did she knock and what was that smell? It smelled like sweets. It all became clearer when the door opened, and I saw Fred standing in the doorway. I stared at him for a fair minute.

"Oookay," I said turning back and walking away.

Ginny grabbed my shoulders again and turned me back to face... him.

Didn't she know how hurt and tired I was?

"Wait," he finally spoke up quietly.

"Fred if this is some kind of prank I..."

"No, it's not! I need to talk to you; I have to talk to you."

Ginny pushed me through the doorway and closed the door behind me, leaving Fred and me alone for the first time in a long time.