CHINESE LESSON

I drummed my fingers on the table, staring at the opened Chinese book in front of me. I was losing interest for each minute that passed by, having not understood a single thing.

My eyes go back and forth from my notes and to the book, that I had easily learnt just thirty minutes ago. Yet somehow, my momentum was halted midway and I'm stuck here, not knowing what to do.

"Why is Chinese so hard?" I buried my face onto my book, furrowing my eyebrows in frustration. I wasn't having any of it. I just wanted to learn how to speak Chinese so that Minghao and Jun wouldn't be so burdened.

An idea came up into my mind as I mentioned the two. Right, I could ask them for help. But what if they're busy? I might bother them.

I decided to go ask for Jun's help, too scared to be asking for Minghao's help, since I was too afraid that I would bother him with his hobbies. Me and Minghao aren't too close, so I decided that he'd be my second choice if all goes down with Jun.

"Hyung!" I peeked into his room, gripping on the doorway as he looked up from his phone, wondering what I would bother him with this time.

"What is it?" Jun goes back on his phone, as I sneakily enter his room, sitting on the foot of his bed. I gave him a toothy grin, as I tap on his leg.

"Teach me Chinese."

Jun's eyebrows immediately knit together in a response to my request. "What?" He raised his eyebrow in disbelief, even if he heard me say it.

"You heard it." I pursed my lips as I felt my hopes get high, when I see him turn his phone off as he tosses it to his side.

"Go ask Minghao."

Hearing the words that left his mouth, I immediately broke into a whine. "Come on, just teach me already!"

"Weren't you just learning Japanese yesterday?!" Jun complains back to me with wide eyes, obviously annoyed, but not to the point where it's serious. It was just him to me on a daily basis.

"I got bored!" I groaned, flopping on top of Jun as I wrap my legs and arms around his torso. "Please, please!" I whined into his ears, trying to win him over. I was passionate about having him to teach me.

"Just study again tomorrow! Or just go to Minghao like I asked you to!"

Hearing the name leave his mouth, I just groaned, not having another response.

"I'm gonna call him."

"No! Fine! Fine! I'll learn on my own." I huffed, pushing him off me aggressively. I got off his bed with a frown on my face.

As Jun's eyes lay upon my face expressions, he instantly broke into laughter, poking fun at my defeated self.

"I won't be taking you out for food anymore."

"Wait, no! Nevermind, I can teach you!"