Epilogue

Rose and Francis were born very healthy in the early fall. It was Steven who insisted that they bear the names of their deceased grandparents to perpetuate their memory. They are vigorous babies and overflowing with curiosity. These two little toddlers are the happiness of their parent as well as their grandma Christine who is happy to kidnap them in order to let the young lovers find each other. They grow visibly before the admiring gaze of their parents.

With Christine's help, Jenny successfully graduates from university and finds a teaching job at a local elementary school. Steven also finishes his training and takes over the Murdock garage to make it a privileged place where vintage cars find a second life. With the money from her inheritance, Jenny finds them a nice little house located very close to their work. The young couple who have undergone difficult tests and who have managed to surpass them can finally experience perfect happiness.

It was on the second anniversary of their union that Steven offered Jenny a trip to Germany to visit the garden of Rhododendron. He planned everything down to the last detail. It is among the flowers that he kneels and asks Jenny to marry him. Obviously, she accepts immediately. How could she refuse? He is the love of her life and the father of their children.

After their trip, Christine and Jenny begin to prepare the perfect wedding. It is with excessive enthusiasm that they visit bridal shops, reception halls and flower shops. Everything must be perfect for the perfect couple. Steven is not as involved as the two women but is on the front line when it comes to choosing the cake flavor. He prefers to take care of his two little terrors that take advantage of every moment of their father's inattentions to make mistakes.

One year, to the day, Steven is waiting in front of All Saints Chapel for his sweet Jenny, in a black tuxedo. At the height of her three years, little Rose presides over the wedding march by placing rose petals all over the red carpet leading to her father. She is wearing a miniature replica of her mother's wedding dress. She is followed by her brother, the playful Francis, who carries the rings. The little boy who looks like the spitting image of his father is dressed in a black and blue suit. The pianist begins the song of Richard Wagner's nuptial march when Jenny arrives at the church entrance, walking towards her future husband. She is radiant in her wedding dress. Steven is so moved that a tear runs down his cheek. It is in front of family and friends that Steven and Jenny unite and promise each other loyalty.

Jenny lost everything at the age of fourteen. Now an adult mother of two, she no longer sees life the same way. She lost her family, but after overcoming all her sorrows and returning from hell, built another.

Steven has managed to forgive himself for the mistake he made at 16. It was by proving his love for Jenny and being an exemplary father for his two children that he managed to overcome his guilt. A job that was not easy, but that allowed him to be happy and to be at peace.

THE END