Cody Rhodes

Cody Runnels. The love of my life. You may know him as Cody Rhodes, the WWE Superstar. What you see on the television screen is not the person he is, he is incredibly sweet and has been the only man for me for as long as I can remember. Cody and I met back in high school but we didn't get together until three years ago today. Making today a very special day. Not only was today Cody and myself third year anniversary, but also our wedding day.

Cody proposed to me this time last year. He had taken me to a small little restaurant in our hometown of Marietta, Georgia. It couldn't be more perfect. Who is the future dashing princess, you may ask? My name is Zooey, Zooey Addams but soon to be Zooey Runnels.

"You look beautiful sweetheart, if only your mother was here to see this." My dad cried from behind me. I looked at him from the mirror, the tears were threatening to fall from my eyes. My mom died two years ago, it was tough not having her around, she was my best friend. "She would have wanted you to have this." My dad smiled softly handing me a box in which I gladly accepted.

"I can't dad." I whispered looking into the box. It was my mother's diamond necklace. It was passed down through many generations and each woman wore it on their wedding day.

"She would have wanted you too." My dad smiled taking the necklace from the box. I turned around so that my dad could place the necklace around my neck. I felt the cool silver hit my skin, almost immediately my hand went up to touch the necklace. My thoughts on my mother.

"Sorry to interrupt." My best friend Amanda smiled as she popped her head through the door. "The groom is getting a little nervous."

"Why?" I asked not taking my eyes from the necklace in the mirror.

"Not to rush you or anything, but you are ten minutes late babe." Amanda smiled. I finally tore my eyes from the mirror to look at both Amanda and my father. Both looked at me smiling, but I could tell it was the truth.

"We better get going then." I smiled softly taking my father's hand. Slowly I walked towards the small room which was holding our wedding ceremony. I listened to the music that let the bridesmaids and maids of honour, travel gracefully down the isle. Not before long it was my turn. "Don't let me fall dad." I whispered to my dad. I was terrified. My dress seemed to be getting tighter and tighter restricting my breathing.

"Of course I wont." My dad smiled down at me. I felt my father tug on me slightly, signalling I had to walk. Nervously I began to walk forward, it was only when my eyes met Cody's, I relaxed. I didn't know why I was nervous anymore, in front of me was the man of my dreams. The man I was going to marry and spend the rest of my life with.

"You look beautiful." Cody whispered to me as I stood beside him. I smiled up at him, staring deep into his eyes.

"You look very dashing." I giggled causing him to chuckle lowly, nodding his head a little at the joke.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" The priest asked, I looked from Cody to my dad who happily gave my hand to Cody's.

"I do." My dad smiled. "100%" He called causing everyone to laugh. I sighed happily, the words of the priest going over my head. I wasn't really paying attention until I had to speak. I just wanted to stay like this forever, standing together with Cody, holding hands and looking into each other's eyes.

"I know pronounce you man and wife." The priest "You may now kiss the bride." With those words, Cody and my lips met for the first time in what felt like forever. It was the first time we kissed, that I knew we were to be together forever and sharing this kiss with him was no different.