The Miz

Smiling to myself I laced up my converse and made my way to the side of the gorilla, my work position. My name is Alera Irvine, but I prefer going around and telling people that my name is Alera Jericho. It made for a really interesting conversation, after all being the sister to the one and only Chris Jericho was great, he was the best big brother ever. He looked out for me, protected me. He even got me the job here in the WWE as the Music Director, after all music was my passion.

"Hey day dreamer what are you thinking about?" Maryse one of my good friends asked walking up to me. I noticed she was wearing her ring attire, therefore she was here for a friendly chat or she had a match.

"Me and my life." I laughed hoping up onto the stool that was provided for me. I reached into my bag, pulling out my Macbook which was full of the WWE music. That included it's opening themes, the songs to play to entertain the crowd, the WWE superstar and diva themes. It had everything.

"Your life is totes amazing anyways." She laughed patting my shoulder. "Anyway I have a match against Mickie after the opening and Nattie told me she is on her way, she has to talk to you about something."

"Ohhh do you know what that is?" I asked as I opened the files I needed for the oncoming show ahead.

"Not a clue." Maryse sighed before hugging me goodbye. This normally happened, Maryse would come and have a quick chat before going off to do her stretches. I was currently hooking up all the leads and wires to my computer and from my computer to the speakers. Everything had to be perfect, otherwise it was my ass.

"Here you go, final sound themes for tonight." Barry my fellow crew member smiled at me as he handed me the final sounds for tonight show. You see every show was different and the confirmations had to come from above, I didn't chose anything. I just played the music.

"I'll be one second Nat." I spoke after feeling a tap on my shoulder. I bent down underneath my table, pulling a lead through it before popping back up. Unfortunately I did it to fast, I smacked my head off the side of the table. "Owww." I whined grabbing my head with one hand and plugging in the lead with the other.

"Jesus are you okay?" I heard a male voice. I immediately turned around and came face to face with Mike, my ex boyfriend. The break up wasn't bad, we, well he just felt we needed a break and see other people. To be honest that news devastated me, I was in love with him and I still was to this day.

"Mike, what are you doing here?" I asked taking my hand from my head as if I was trying to play it off like nothing happened.

"Come here." He stated completely ignoring my question and pulling me closer. All I could smell was his wonderful fresh scent, it still made me swoon. "That's going to be a nasty bump later. Let's get you some ice." He smiled taking my hand. Instantly I pulled away. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just have to work." I sighed turning away from him. Even when he touched me, the feelings came rushing back. Whenever he was around I acted like he had no affect on me, I acted like I was over him. When in reality, I was still helplessly in love with him.

"The show doesn't start for another two hours Alera." Mike sighed looking me in the eyes. "I never get to spend time with you alone anymore." He stated going completely off subject.

"That's kind of what happens when people break up." I told him. I saw a flicker of pain flash in his eyes before he shook it off. For as long as I knew Mike, he never let his confidence fall in public, only with me.

"Alera I..." Mike began only to be interrupted by my brother.

"What do you want Mike?" Chris asked getting into Mike's face. "I told you to say away from my sister. She doesn't want to see you."

"Chris he is still my friend." I spoke pushing my brother back away from Mike. My eyes meeting Mike's briefly.

"I don't care, he hurt you. Destroyed you and you think I'm going to stand back and watch this happen? No I'm not." Chris demanded, his eyes flared with anger and that made me nervous, I didn't want Mike hurt over this.

"Destroyed her?" Mike asked picking up on one of the words Chris used. "It was what we both wanted."

"No it was what you wanted." Chris spat. "What was it because my sister wouldn't put out for you?"

"Chris?" I hissed angrily pushing him away from the screen. "Enough."

"She loved you Mike, loved you and you dumped her like she was nothing." Chris called as I pushed him away.

"I'm sorry." I called to Mike as I pushed Chris away.

"No she isn't, you are not sorry." Chris yelled until we were completely out of sight.

"Was there any need?" I asked Chris who simply smiled at me before pulling me into a hug.

I stayed with Chris until the beginning of the show, after all I had a job to do. Not to blow my own horn but the show went good like always and I left the arena smiling at my success. I always did after every show, it was a job well done in my eyes. When I finally reached the hotel I couldn't be happier to get to my room.

"Bedtime." I sighed happily as I pulled my room key from my back pocket and sliding it into the door. Once my door was open I noticed lights flickering, instantly fear consumed my body, there was someone in my room. "Hello?" I called out, my voice shaky from fear. I walked further into the room, noticing rose petals on the ground and on the bed.

"Alera." I heard Mike's voice from behind me. I turned around slowly and noticed him standing by the bathroom door in a black suit and a single red rose in his hand.

"Mike." I whispered, I was speechless. I didn't know what I was suppose to say or do.

"Alera, I've been a stupid man. I let the most beautiful, stunning amazingly awesome girl leave me life." He sighed, a small smile appearing on his lips. "And I am going to do everything I can, to get her back."

"Who's the lucky girl?" I smirked

"Really?" He asked causing me to laugh. "Really?" He repeated, his voice getting happier as his feet moved towards me. "Really?" He whispered one last time as he leaned his forehead against mine.

"Really." I whispered back pressing my lips tightly to his. My heart so fast that I took it as a sign, this was were I was suppose to be.