82. Make effort

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:10‭-‬11

Before proceeding, I recommended to read first 2 Peter 1:3-11. 'Yon lang.

May naririnig tayo sa iba na kapag hindi ginagamit ang isang bagay at puro tago lang, masisira, hindi ba? Like 'yong sapatos kapag tinago ng matagal, tiyak sa isang suot muli, agad iyon masisira. Another example ay isa kang athlete and you go under training–– araw-araw iyan sigurado kasi kapag huminto ng matagal, masasayang ang sinimulan na training at imposible na magtagumpay sa competitions kung hindi ka na mag-e-effort.

Making effort. What does it mean? Ibig ba'ng sabihin nito naka-depende na pala sa good works ang ating salvation? Hinding-hindi! We all know that the salvation is from the finished work of Jesus Christ alone. Wala nga tayong maipagmamalaki eh kundi ang ginawa ni Christ para sa lahat ng Kanya in the beginning pa lamang.

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3

Napansin n'yo ba na sinimulan ni Peter ang chapter na 'to ng sinulat niya na pag-provide ng Lord sa Godly life and what He has done? Who called us... His divine power... He will give everything we need for us to grow spiritually.

His divine power
We cannot grow in our own power. We grow by getting to know God more and having relationship with Him. We have limitations but our God is limitless. That is why we are dependent in Him. We cannot do anything without His strength.

has given us
God has given this freely. We cannot earn it by ourselves. We don't deserve it but He has qualified us through salvation.

everything we need for a godly life
It's so overwhelming that the word everything here is used. Like, talagang 100% ibibigay ng Lord ang kailangan natin for Godly life. Hindi Niya ibibigay kung hindi natin need. Everything, as in all things we need for Godly life! Kaya diyan pa lang, sa Lord talaga tayo naka-depende. Kaya we need to make effort to confirm our calling and election.

through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
Ang saya lang malaman na hindi natin kailangan mag-rely sa 'ting mga sarili dahil naka-rely tayo sa Lord! It doesn't mean na wala na tayong gagawin, may gagawin pa rin tayo. Ang pinagkaibahan, we are accepted, we obey and it is not vice versa. We get to know God by reading the Bible. While knowing Him, it gives us strength to do His will.

He also provides by sending His Spirit as evidence we are His children and to guide and to lead us in Jesus. His work in your life is the start. Reading the Bible (God's Word) is necessary for growth, a daily bread; this provide us the most we need. Other Christians will also help us. He gives the desire to follow His will.

Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 2 Peter 1:4

Hold to God's promises. He's promise keeper. He is faithful. We know how great and precious His promises. It gives us hope. And this promises, lead us to His will. He has called us to repentance, to live for Him–– that we may not sin against Him or not living in sin.

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
2 Peter 1:5‭-‬9