Chapter 23

Well, the last chapter was sad, but don't hate Selena just yet. This chapter is juicy. 

Here's another chapter. Enjoy, Like, and comment

Mike POV

******

I tracked Liam's scent while I raced through the forest, and alongside me was his beta Jin. Pretty soon Liam would have to stop due to his bad eyesight, and his sense of smell would soon be blocked off. However, since he is an Alpha, he won't lose his wolf so easily without a fight. But, the pain that he will soon feel will be excruciating. 

Howls filled with so much sorrow blessed my ears, Liam was an Alpha, and it's no surprise that his pack will share his pain. I couldn't imagine how that feels like. Jin and I came to a stop in front of Liam who laid on the forest floor whimpering in his wolf form. He was shaking like a leaf, and my heart broke for him. I switched into my human form quickly and went to his aid. 

My hands outstretched to pet Liam's wolf, but I flinched back when it snapped at me. Dixon; Liam's wolf, growled at me with so much hatred. I knew it was Liams feeling because once Dixon took over he laid his snout on my lap. 

"Jin I think I can save him." I continued to pet Dixon while looking at Jin. Confusion crossed Jin's wolf face, and soon I heard him shifting back into his human form. Other wolves from Liam's pack gathered around curious about how in the world I could save their rejected alpha. 

I looked at Jin, "I could mark him." Jin's face crossed with both shock and uncertainty. 

Another wolf from Liam's pack had also shifted into their human form. "Why in the world would you mark our alpha he is your stepbrother!" 

"Think about it. Were both mated to Selena, but lately, there has been a dying attraction between Liam and me which we couldn't figure out. Jin I think Liam can also be my mate. I know it's very rare, but given the circumstances, this is the only option I can think of right now." 

Everyone looked doubtful, "Jin can you try to attack me," I uttered. 

"What? Why?" 

"Just do it."

Just as Jin turned back into his wolf form getting ready to attack, Dixon with as much strength he can muster stood in front of me growling at Jin. Jin stepped back afraid to even try any further. Everyone around us stood in shock that their alpha would even think about hurting his beta to protect someone who wasn't even in his pack. They all knew the history between them, and it didn't take a smart person to realize that Liam wasn't fond of him. So this indeed came to everyone as a shock. 

With Liam in a bad state, we carried him back to the packhouse into his room. I made sure that everyone was cleared out of the packhouse and I told Jin to keep watch over Selena so no one can harm her. He wasn't exactly happy to be babysitting yet he listened nonetheless. Then it was only Liam and I left in the packhouse. I sighed and looked at Liam who was still in his wolf form. 

"Liam change back please," I begged quietly petting his fur. His wolf obediently listened and Liam switched back to his human form. His body was full of cuts and scratches, and they were healing slowly. 

"Make it stop," he cried out. Liam gripped at the sheets with his eyes tightly closed. My heart hammered. How can I explain to him that we would have to mate in order for it to go away? It didn't take a genius to know that Liam was as straight as a pole. Yet, these past few weeks it didn't really seem that way.

"Liam I can make it go away, but you will have to trust me," I stuttered running my hands through my hair. His eyes opened briefly before another pain shot down his spine and he roared out in agony.