Chapter 25

Hey, guys here's another chapter for everyone. 

Like and comment 

Merry Christmas!!!!

Liam's POV

******

My mind has been fuzzy lately, and I was glad that Mike was my other mate. He helped me save my wolf and I couldn't be more grateful. I didn't think I would ever love him like this, but everything felt right with him. But, my mind keeps going back to Selena and the way she rejected me. I also understand where she was coming from. 

Should I have told her about my plan? I couldn't tell her because she had a big mouth, and I knew she would expose my plans if Natalie and her ever get into a fight. Mike knew because he wasn't even my mate at the time, or it was more like I didn't know that we were mates. 

I watched as Selena walked with her shoulders slumped and her head down. She looked miserable, and I honestly didn't feel all that bad about it. I felt like she deserved some, but then again some part of it wasn't her fault. I watched amused as her small frame bumped into me. 

"Sor-" Her eyes widen and I could see the small dark circles under her eyes. She looked like she hasn't slept in weeks. 

"Close your mouth if you don't want any bugs to fly in." Closing her mouth, I walked around her and proceeded to go towards my room. 

"WAIT!" 

I froze in place and saw her run frantically in front of me with both her arms wide. She looked kind of crazed, and fear washed over her face. I waited patiently to see what she would say, but she kept silent and didn't utter any words. 

"What is it, I'm a very busy person Selena." 

"I--I don't know what to say." Her face washed with confusion as if she had forgotten what she wanted to say. 

I sighed and continued my way again. "Please don't leave me." 

I turned to see her sobbing while sitting down on the ground. What happened to the strong-willed women that couldn't put up with my shit? The feisty sassy girl that didn't care about any opinion? 

You did that idiot. 

With a heavy sigh, I mustered up the courage and picked her up bridal style, and walked towards Mike's room

With a heavy sigh, I mustered up the courage and picked her up bridal style, and walked towards Mike's room. Mike was actually in his room doing pack work, and he also looked stressed. I laid Selena down on his bed and turned towards Mike's desk. It seems like he didn't even notice that we walked in because he was so engrossed in his work. 

"Don't leave," Selena murmured while pulling on my wrist. 

"I'll be back," I reassured her. 

I stopped in front of Mike's desk, and he looked up while running his hands through his hair. Frustration present on his face. 

I grabbed a hold of his arm and pulled him up from his chair. "Liam I can't right now I have a lot of work to do." 

"It'll only take a minute, just rest for a bit." I brought Mike back to the bed where Selena laid asleep, she looked so peaceful. All that crying must have taken a toll on her. I proceeded to tuck Mike in bed next to her.

"Sleep."

"What about you?" I looked down at him and smiled genuinely. "I'll be here so just rest."

He nodded his head and it didn't take a while for him to go into dreamland. I watched him snuggle up to his other mate. Mike wouldn't leave me for Selena, would he? I felted a pang in my chest. 

Mike POV

My eyes fluttered open the same time Selena's opened. "Did you sleep well," I asked petting her hair. She smiled while nodding, and the bags under her eyes have faded a little bit. I got up and stretched, and stopped when I saw Liam sleeping on the couch with his shirt off. He looked so sexy no matter how much I look at him. However, apart of me felt sad because he didn't sleep with us. I watched as Selena walked over to him and cover him with a blanket. 

I chuckled, "he's going to kick it off." And right on cue, I watched Liam's face scrunch up, and he kicked the blanket off him. Liam hates being hot, he pretty much preferred the cold, but there's a sad reason behind that. 

"How did you know?" 

"Liam doesn't like being hot, he prefers the cold. When we were young, my dad would always lock Liam in the cellar that was freezing when Liam disobeyed his orders. He would lock Liam in there for hours, and Liam would come out with icicles hanging off his hair." I frowned at the memory. 

"His teeth would always be chattering, and when I would help him dad usually made his punishments worst. So with no choice, I left Liam to help himself because I'd always fear that I would make him worst. At night, I would always hear him scream in pain when he's in the shower. He was someone I always looked up to, but in the end, there was nothing I could do to help." I sighed and blinked away the tears. 

"I didn't know," she murmured with a tear-stained face. She ran her fingers through Liam's hair, and Liam flinched but then relaxed. 

Liam's eyes opened and we were met with his wolf Dixon. My face turned in confusion. Just like last time, Dixon would always be the first to appear whenever Liam fell asleep and woke up. 

"Dixon give us Liam." 

"He is sleeping." 

A shiver ran down my spine, I can never get used to that adrenaline I feel when he speaks. Dixon's voice can strike fear in any opponent, the deepness in his voice could bring anyone down to their knees. 

"What do you mean he is sleeping? Aren't you suppose to wake up together," Selena was the one who asked the question, and she was now a few feet back away from Liam. I wouldn't blame her.

"While Liam rests I'm usually awake on the lookout. I have been doing this for a while since he was a child. He doesn't trust anybody to ever sleep peacefully." 

"What do you mean?" Even though I felt like I already knew the answer, I still wanted to hear it from his mouth. 

"Your father Mike."  

"What did he do to him!?" I was seething with anger. I felt like punching something. What more did my father do to Liam while I was away abroad? How much more did he have to take when I wasn't there to help him?

"Your father had his friends rape him." 

Selena gasped covering her mouth with her hands, while I stood frozen unable to comprehend words.

********

Thanks, guys for the likes and comments

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Merry Christmas again to you all!!!!!