🎄 Jikook: Shall We Dance, Your Majesty?

This is a Christmas edition one-shot. For more Christmassy stories, look for the tree emoji in front of the chapter's name.
This has a slightly different - maybe not so Christmassy - vibe but I hope that you'll enjoy anyway. Please, listen to Moonlight sonata during reading, you'll find it 🔝

Words: 0.9 K
Warnings: none

A man glimpsed at a taller boy in a black suit and a black mask around his eyes. Their eyes met and their gazes stayed connected as the older walked up to the latter.

"Your majesty," he said, bowing slightly, "I don't think we have met yet. My name is Park Jimin," he continued and took the prince's hand, placing his lips closer, while staring into the other's eyes.

"Park Jimin? Is your father Park Jiyoung?"

"It is, your majesty."

"No need for the formalities, Mr Park. Call me Jeongguk," the taller smiled and bowed his head very lightly.

"Then please call me Jimin," the shorter said, "How you do know my father?"

"He is one of the councillors," Jeongguk brought the glass of wine to his lips, looking at the mask of the other. It was as black as his own but there were golden stripes around the edges. The holes showed the brown beautiful eyes of the other, which were holding so many secrets.

"Oh yes. Of course," the latter smiled lightly, his eyes never leaving his orbs.

"May I ask your majesty for a dance?"

Jeongguk placed his hand on his chin and hummed, acting like he was thinking.

"Well... since you asked me that nicely," the younger smiled and let Jimin take his hand. The grip was soft yet strong as they were walking down the stairs with a golden railing. The huge chandelier was hanging from the ceiling, shining brightly.

Jimin led the younger to the middle of the dancefloor, between all the pairs. He wrapped his arm around the prince's waist and took his hand. He guided him skillfully to the soft waltz music.

Jeongguk held his shoulder and stared onto the latter's face, enjoying this moment. There was a little height difference but they both didn't mind. The only sound was the beautiful music and their shoes softly hitting the wooden floor. They both went crazy over the scent of the other - Jeongguk's lavender aroma and Jimin's coconut one mixing together and creating the best elixir.

The shorter lifted his arm and made the younger turn. Jeongguk smiled and moved a little closer to the other. It felt as if they had danced together before despite the fact that they had met for the first time. Jimin guided him skilfully to the rhythm, his grip firm, while still looking into the prince's eyes.

"You are a marvellous dancer, Jeon Jeongguk," he smiled and made the prince turn again.

"You, too, are excellent, Park Jimin," the latter said, getting lost in the darkness within the shorter male's eyes.

And as time went on, so did the songs. But the men, as if they could never run out of energy, danced and danced yet again. Both breathing heavy, both hearts beating fast but their feet not stopping for a single beat. Maybe tired but still dancing.

And when the night came to an end, they stopped and stood still, staring into the eyes of the other.

"Perhaps we could take a walk..?" Jimin suggested as his arm left the younger's waist. The prince nodded and they left together through the gate, still holding each other.

The moon shined onto the garden and the pathway, as the pair was slowly walking. The cold wind was brushing their hair but it was rather warm for a winter night.

They both sat on a bench near a blossoming sakura tree, that was throwing a shadow at them. Jeongguk turned to the latter and took his mask off.

"You sure know how I look like however, I have never seen your face. Could you, please, take off your mask, Park Jimin?" the prince cut the silence between them. The latter turned to him.

"Do you really want to see me? So that you aren't disappointed, Jeon Jeongguk," the prince smiled lightly.

"I will not be. Please, Jimin, please," the prince begged and the shorter nodded, taking off his mask.

The moonlight shone on the pale skin of the older and Jeongguk almost gasped when he saw his handsome features. Those plump lips and the beautiful cheekbones made his heartbeat quicken.

He touched the cheek of the older almost unintentionally and Jimin smiled, placing his own hand onto Jeongguk's. He was also admiring the boy a little too much.

Jimin leaned closer, still smiling and brought the other hand to the latter's face. Jeongguk closed his eyes when he felt the older's lips against his own. His heart began to race even faster as he moved against the other...

...

The prince woke up on his bed and smiled as the memories from the ball and the night before flooded his mind. He touched his lips remembering the kiss he shared with Jimin. He got goosebumps just from the memory.

He got up, taking his clothes on, which had been already prepared by the servants, and his crown. He skipped through the corridors, walking into the big hall, where the councillors had been already gathered. He bowed to greet every single one of them.

"Good morning, father," he lowered his head.

"Good morning, son," the king responded, "you look quite happy today."

Jeongguk smiled and sat on the armchair next to his father.

"Good morning, your majesty," the councillor sat to the right side of the prince, who looked at him.

"I met your son, Park Jimin, last night. Has he ever attended any dancing lessons? He was very skilful," the prince smiled at the man.

"I'm sorry, your majesty," the councillor got up, sadness and confusion written on his face and in his voice, "but my son... my son died three years ago..."