🎄 OT7: Baking Cookies

This is a Christmas edition one-shot. For more Christmassy stories, look for the tree emoji in front of the chapter's name. Merry Christmas Eve 😊

Words: 0.7 K
Warnings: no ships

Jin looked at the leader of their group and opened his mouth to say something, only to close it again.

"Okay, what am I doing wrong this time?" the taller asked, a frustration washing over him.

"Turn the cutter."

"What? Like this?" he turned the star form around. Jimin, who was standing right next to them with another cutter in hand, began to giggle.

"No, turn it over," Jin took it out of Namjoon's hand and did it as he was describing. The latter mentally slapped himself and took it from the older. Jungkook, who watched from afar, laughed.

"Hahaha, so funny," Namjoon rolled his eyes.

Hoseok smiled at the scene, Linzer cookie in hand. He looked at Yoongi, who was sitting in front of him. He widened his eyes as he saw the older stuffing his mouth with the sweets secretly.

Hoseok punched his shoulder lightly, which caused the latter to look at him.

"Yoongi," he whisper-shouted, "Don't eat it! Jin Hyung will notice."

"But they are so good," the latter sighed, spreading strawberry jam onto the biscuit and pushing another piece on it.

"I know," Hoseok said and put the cookie in his mouth.

"Guys. I am right here, I hear you. And stop eating it," Jin slapped his hand lightly and frowned at them. Yoongi lowered his head but rolled his eyes.

Jin walked to the fridge and opened it, searching for the remaining dough but to his surprise, he didn't find any. He closed the door and looked around.

"Taehyung."

The young boy looked up from the bowl at the older.

"Stop eating the dough. You're going to get sick," Jin took it from his hands and glared at him.

"Sick?" Taehyung questioned.

"There are raw eggs in there!" Jin exclaimed.

The younger pouted and looked at Jungkook with baking sheet in his hand, which he put on the table to cool down. He took one with uncooked cookies on it and put it in the oven.

The youngest then stole one of the finished ones and put it in his mouth.

Jin slapped his head from behind.

"Ouch!"

"I said no eating! What part don't you all understand?" The oldest sighed and took the rolling pin.

"But it's too good, you know?" Hoseok hugged Jin from behind and the latter breathed out and smiled.

"That's good and I appreciate it. But something has to remain for Christmas," the oldest's voice softened as he rolled the dough and a smile appeared on his face.

The other rubbed his dirty hand on Jin's face, smearing the jam onto him. The other tried to move away but to no avail. He turned to the younger, who giggled and ran away and Jin took a handful of flour, which accidentally landed on poor Jimin, who gasped.

"Hyung!"

"I'm sorry, that wasn't-"

Jimin threw a fistful of flour at Jin back, which unfortunately landed in his mouth. He began to cough and the latter stopped in his tracks, his eyes filled with worry. He came closer to him.

"Jin? Are you okay?"

The older looked at him and slapped a handful of flour in his hair. He stopped choking immediately and grinned as he dodged Jimin's attack, which landed on poor Namjoon, who was slowly cutting the dough, so he doesn't make another mistake.

And in a few minutes, everyone was throwing flour and sugar at each other, laughing as they tried to escape the battlefield but to no avail.

It was messy, the whole kitchen was dirty, but happiness filled their heart as they played like small kids. No matter the age, they could never grow up. They were still children at heart, like we all are, only with drinking permit and tons of money.

The floor was covered with white powder as well as their faces and their clothes underneath the aprons. And when there was no flour nor sugar left, they breathed out, smiling. Their blood was still filled with adrenaline and their cheeks hurt from giggling and smiling so much.

They wrapped their hands around each other, feeling grateful for having each other, for meeting each other, for staying together. There was a time when life had been hard, there was a time when the road had gotten bumpy, there was a time when happiness had been missing.

But right now, moments like these were one of the reasons for keeping on breathing. They were the reasons for being grateful for each new day. They were the reason for keeping on trying and fixing relationships rather than throwing them away.

They were The Most Beautiful Moments in Life...