Chapter Twenty

The infirmary door swung open softly, and Jungkook peeked his head out. The coast was clear. Madam Pomfrey was nowhere in sight. Good.

Jungkook had waited for over two hours, hoping that Madam Pomfrey would leave the room. Finally, she went to bed, making him promise to be good. Oh well.

He needed to find Minguk. The voice had said that something would happen, TONIGHT. Judging from the pain and darkness Jungkook had felt, the thing that would happen wasn't going to be good at all.

He set out down the hallway, wishing that he had some sort of invisibility cloak. He didn't though, and so he had to be very cautious.

Jungkook rounded the corner, and smashed right into Taehyung. They both yelped loudly. So much for being quiet.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook hissed.

Taehyung glanced at him, but suddenly, without warning, he pushed past Jungkook.

"Yah! Tae! What's going on? Are you okay?"

Taehyung ignored him, and broke into a run. Jungkook had no choice but to chase after him. "WAIT! TAE! WHAT'S WRONG? TAE!"

Soon Jungkook had caught up to Taehyung. "Curse your long legs" Taehyung muttered.

Jungkook just stood in front of him, arms folded. "Are you gonna tell me?"

Suddenly, Tae's demeanor changed. His eyes filled with tears. "Kookie, you have to let me go."

Jungkook was shocked. "Tae, what happened? Tell me what's wrong!"

Taehyung shook his head. "Jeon Jungkook! Please—just stay out of this."

Jungkook stared. Tae had never called him by his full name. "Tae—" he started.

"Jungkook, please. I—I can't explain now—I need to go."

"I'm coming with you." Jungkook didn't know what had happened, but he DID know that he wasn't going to leave Tae to whatever bad thing had occurred.

Taehyung's eyes glistened for one more moment, he looked absolutely torn. "Kookie—you can't come with me." Without another word, Taehyung took off running.

Jungkook was so surprised he didn't even move for a moment. "WAIT! KIM TAEHYU—"

He never finished the sentence. Tae had been running, when suddenly, he smashed into something. Or some one. At first, it seemed no one was there.

Then a pair of legs poked out of nowhere, and suddenly, a piece of shimmering cloth slid off the invisible person. It was Jin.

"Hyung?" Both younger boys shouted in surprise, then immediately covered their mouths. They weren't supposed to be out of their dormitories at this hour.

"Jin hyung, what are you doing here?" Jungkook hissed. Why were his hyungs out of bed this late?

They heard footsteps coming from down the hallway, and all three quickly stepped around the corner.

"Jin! I know you're there! Just because you have an invisibility cloak doesn't change the fact that I saw you sneaking out of our dorm! Jin!"

"Namjoon, I think you should be a tiny bit quieter. Normally I'm the loud one, and yet I'm not yelling Tae's name throughout the halls in the middle of night. We're not supposed to be out here remember—?"

"You're right Hobi. But where did he go?"

Jungkook grabbed Jin and Taehyung by their sleeves, and dragged them out from the corner. "We are going to TALK, and you are going to tell us WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!"

"Kookie!" Hoseok shouted, bounding towards them, and all of them shushed him quickly.

Jungkook just crossed his arms and looked expectantly at Tae and Jin.

Taehyung's eyes filled with tears again, and Jin tried looking annoyed, but all of them could tell, something was bothering him.

Jin broke the silence. "Okay, okay, I guess I'll tell you." He took a deep breath. "My mother has been kidnapped."

Jungkook's eyes widened. "What do you mean, kidnapped?"

Tae gasped at the same time Jungkook spoke. "Your mom got kidnapped too?"

Namjoon looked back and forth from the two boys. "I'm sorry, your parents got kidnapped?"

In response, both Jin and Tae pulled out pieces of paper. On each page was written the words: Come to the Forbidden Forest at midnight. Bring no one else. Come, or your loved one dies.

"Hold up, how can you be so sure that whoever wrote these letters actually have your parents?" Hobi asked.

Tae wordlessly held out a handkerchief. On it, these initials were embroidered: K.C.S "Kim Cheon Sa. My mother. She made this herself."

There was silence. No one asked Jin how he knew that his mother was also gone. If someone had kidnapped Taehyung's mom, Jin's mom was gone too, there was no doubt about it. And Jin was glad no one asked. If someone had—well—there was no way he would be able to keep from crying.

It had been a small picture of his father, a picture that Mrs. Kim always took with her, wherever she went. The picture was attached to a small piece of plastic. It was a small solar panel, probably from a toy car. From that last present Jin had ever received from his father.

"Okay, so what? You were going to go out into the Forbidden Forest on your own? Without backup? Are you guys crazy?" Namjoon asked.

Tae's eyes filled with tears again. "I don't know what else to do. If they find that you guys know..."

Jungkook pursed his lips in concentration. There was something going on here, some big piece of the picture that he was missing. But he couldn't figure it out.

Hoseok cleared his throat loudly. "I only see one option," he declared.

They all turned to him.

"We go together."

Jin hesitated. Tae did too. The last thing they wanted was their friends getting hurt because of them.

Jin opened his mouth. "I don't think—"

He stopped. From down the hall came the unmistakable sound of footsteps. From the sound of them, two people were coming down the hall. Jungkook's eyes widened.

In unspoken agreement, they ran for it. Jin ducked under his invisibility cloak, hiding himself and Namjoon. Jungkook cast an invisibility spell over himself (he knew advanced charms) and Taehyung and Hoseok did the only thing they could do. They ran into a room off the side of the hallway. All of them stood stock still, hoping, hoping that they wouldn't be noticed.

"What are you doing here?" came a voice out of the shadows.

A/N: Heyyy it's me again! It's a short chapter today (sorry about that)

 I just want to say, THANK YOU for reading my fanfic! It means a lot to me that you are enjoying what I write! I want to entertain you guys, and maybe give you a sense of joy and excitement for a brief moment in your day. 

Thanks again! Don't forget to vote and comment! 😁